Adusumilli Gopalakrishnaiah and SugarCane Growers Arts and Science Degree College was founded by the Adusumilli Gopalakrishnaiah Technological Association on 12 August 1975. In 2007, the college was awarded ‘B’ grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council. The college is located in n Vuyyuru, which is situated 30 Km away from Vijayawada on N.H 9 that ends 45 Km after at Machilipatnam.
- The college was established due to the need of higher educationin Vuyyuru which was handled by the K.C.P. Sugar and Industrial Corporation Ltd
- In 2001, K.C.P. Sugar and Industrial Corporation Ltd handed over the management of the college to the Siddhartha Academy of General & Technical Education, Vijayawada
- The college offers bachelor degree courses in the field of arts, commerce and science
- The college also offers un-aided courses in B.Sc (E.M), B.Sc(Computer Science)
- In 2009-10 started a new P.G Course M.Sc(Organic Chemistry)
- In 2012-13 started a new Course B.Com Computer
- The college started with143 students now grew to 758
- In the academic year 2012-13 our institution achieved Autonomous status.
The college has well- equipped library building with
The college nurtures and offers a unique space for social transformation and organizes various activities for inculcating social and moral values
Literary and Debate – It provide opportunities for students to practice and share their skill development
Eco-friendly Club – It develops awareness among the students about the environment and organizes various programmes like Green and Clean. It also educates them on the causes of pollution and its reduction
Red Ribbon Club – The clubs creates awareness on Aids among the students. It has linkages with Red Cross Society, Lions and Rotary Clubs
Career and Placement Cell - Students face numerous problems while choosing their career , so the college’s career guidance cell help students about further career options so this cell provide student information with information regarding employment opportunities and develop their soft skills
NSS - NSS includes development of the personality of students through creative and constructive social action. The college has 3 units - 2 units for boys and 1 unit for girls. Each unit consists of 3 members of teaching staff. The NSS Volunteers involved in ‘Divi Seema’ Cyclone and removed dead bodies along with the non-government organizations.
NCC– The club has 150 students in which
- Six students participated in the Republic Day Parade at Raj Path, New Delhi from the College
- In 1991-92 one student received President’s Medal also at the Republic Day Parade
- Seven students participated in Basic Leadership Camps in different years, and two (2) students received ‘Gold Medals”
- The N.C.C. students received appreciation for their pro-active involvement in social activities - Rallies for Communal Harmony, Peace March, for voluntary blood-donation, working as Volunteers in Traffic Control, Adult Education, Aids Awareness Programme, Government-sponsored Janmabhoomi Programmes.