Dr. RK Shanmugam College of Arts and Science, Kallakurichi is managed by Dr. R. K. Shanmugam Educational Trust set up to provide Higher Education to deserving students, especially belonging to the rural and tribal areas. The college aims at developing individuals of quality who will be leaders in all walks of life and bring desirable changes for betterment of the country. Apart from organizing frequent industrial visits, the college arranges project works for both UG and PG courses.
Facts and Figures of Dr. RK Shanmugam College of Arts and Science:
Dr. K. Makusamudi
Institute affiliated to
How to reach?
Nearest National Highway: NH-68
Nearest Railway Station: Chinnasalem (15 Km).
Nearest Airport: Chennai and Trichy
Why to Join Dr. RK Shanmugam College of Arts and Science?
- Infrastructure- The College has excellent infrastructure with airy, spacious classrooms and an auditorium with a seating capacity of 1000 people. The library of the college is a reader’s delight. The College has 11 acres of playground wherein sports and games are encouraged for the physical fitness of students. Hostel accommodation separate for boys and girls is provided in the serene background of the college. The college buses ply from various points of Kallakurichi to nearby areas.
- Laboratories – The College has a spacious Computer Laboratory equipped with wireless technology and latest systems, following the norm of One Computer per student. Well equipped state-of-the art laboratories for the Department of Physics and Chemistry allied with Bio-Chemistry, have also been set up.
- Extra-curricular activities– The College promotes the social awareness of the students through various clubs active in its premises. NCC, NSS, Youth Red Cross, Red Ribbon Club, Blood Donor’s Club, R. K. Narayan Literary Association, Citizen Consumer Club and Dr. R. K. S. Leo Club are active in the college and regularly organize events.
- Placement Forum– Devaneya Paavanar Placement and Career Guidance Forum conducts guest lectures, workshop, seminars, counseling sessions apart from recruitment drives to provide a nice track to the future leaders.
- Scholarships- Special attention to the welfare of girl students is given. State government Scholarship for eligible students and medals are awarded to toppers.