Nehru College of Nursing, Ottapalam, Kerala is a private college established in 2012. It is approved by the Government of Kerala and is recognised by Indian Nursing Council (INC). It is affiliated with Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS). The college offers a full time, 4 year B.Sc Nursing course. Admission into the course is on the basis of merit. Candidates seeking admission can apply on the official college website.
Nehru College of Nursing, Ottapalam has a qualified faculty and offers world class facilities such as Library, Hostel, Computer Lab, Hospital, etc to its students.
Nehru College of Nursing Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2012 | Private|
|Approved by||Government of Kerala|
|Affiliated to||Kerala University of Health Sciences|
|Courses Offered||B.Sc Nursing|
|Top Recruiters||PK Das Institute of Medical Sciences, Apollomedics, AIG Hospital|
|Facilities Available||Library, Computer Lab, Hospital, Hostel|
|Address||Vellarampara Road, Vaniyamkulam-I, Kerala 679522|
Nehru College of Nursing Courses
|B.Sc||Nursing||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with PCB and English and 50% aggregate marks
Selection Criteria: Merit-based Intake: 60
Read More: Nehru College of Nursing Courses & Fees
Nehru College of Nursing Admission
Admission to the college is on the basis of merit.
How to Apply?
For the application process follow the steps given below:
- Candidate must apply online on the institute’s official website
- Fill the form with personal details and educational qualifications
- Upload the required documents
- Pay the application fees of Rs. 1000/- through Credit/Debit/Internet Banking or Demand Draft
Nehru College of Nursing Placements
Nehru College of Nursing offers placement opportunities to its students and has organised on-campus interviews for recruitment purposes. The institute demonstrates a consistent 75% placement rate at top notch hospitals. Its major recruiters are PK Das Institute of Medical Sciences, Vaniyamkulam, Apollomedics, Lucknow, and AIG Hospital, Hyderabad.
Nehru College of Nursing Facilities
- Library – The institute library hosts a large collection of books on various subjects dealing with nursing.
- Labs – Well equipped clinical & non-clinical laboratories are present in the campus, with state-of-the-art facilities
- Hospital - P.K Das Institute of Medical Sciences is a super-speciality hospital where the students can gain practical knowledge
- Hostels – Separate boys and girls hostels are available with well spacious rooms. The hostels also have 24 hr electricity & water supply, common rooms & laundry. Mess facility is also provided.
- Computer Lab – A fully equipped computer lab is available for the students and faculty.
Nehru College of Nursing Faculty
Nehru college of Nursing has highly experienced and qualified faculty members. Mrs. Tamil Selvi and Mrs. Lavanya hold the position of Principal and Vice Principal at the college respectively. The dedication and hard work of the faculty in imparting quality education to the students makes them stand above the rest in their field. The faculty members are in the following positions:
- Lecturers: 8
- Associate Professors: 1
- Assistant Professors: 6
Ques. What documents are needed during the admission at Nehru College of Nursing?
Ans. Selected candidates have to carry the following set of documents (both original & copies) for the admission process at Nehru College of Nursing –
- Identity proof like Aadhar card
- Statement of marks & Passing certificate of the qualifying exam
- Valid proof of date of birth
- Eligibility certificate from the Kerala University of Health Sciences, if applicable
- Certificate of Physical Fitness in the prescribed format, from a Medical Officer in Government Service not below the rank of Assistant Medical Officer
- Bonafide certificate from the previous institute
- Transfer certificate (TC) from the previous institute
- Document/ certificate in proof of reserved category
Ques. What is the fee structure for BSc Nursing at Nehru College of Nursing?
Ans. The fee structure is as follows:
- Tuition Fee- Rs. 63,500/-
- Special Fee – Rs. 17,000/-
- Caution deposit - Rs. 10,000/- (Refundable)
- Tuition fees for NRI category- Rs. 95,000/- per year
Ques. When was Nehru College of Nursing established?
Ans. Nehru College of Nursing at Ottapalam, Kerala is a private institute established in 2012 by the Nehru Educational and Charitable Trust. It is a part of the Nehru Group of Institutions at Kerala.
Ques. Does Nehru College of Nursing offer placement opportunities?
Ans. Yes. The college boasts of 75% placements of its students. The major recruiters are PK Das Institute of Medical Sciences, Vaniyamkulam, Apollomedics, Lucknow, and AIG Hospital, Hyderabad.
Ques. What are the career prospects after B.Sc Nursing?
Ans. After pursuing B.Sc Nursing, candidates have a wide scope of options. They could work in the following fields:
- General & Specialty Hospitals
- Nursing homes
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Faculty at Nursing colleges
- Government or Military
- Community centers