Dyal Singh Evening College is the first evening shift college established in 1959 by Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia, founder of ‘The Tribune’ and ‘Punjab National Bank’ who willed his wealth for the establishment of an education trust. It is affiliated to University of Delhi and accredited by UGC. The college offers Five undergraduate courses in disciplines ranging from languages, history, political science, economics, commerce to all the major branches of arts and commerce. The college provides meaningful and value-based education to students.
Note: Admission in DU Colleges are based on the merit list. Candidates are required to give DUET exam conducted by the NTA. For DUET Counselling Dates, Merit List and Admission Process, Check here
Highlights of Dyal Singh Evening College-
|Founded by||Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia|
|Principal of the college||Dr. Pawan Kumar Sharma|
|Number of books in library||58000 books|
|Campus Area||11 acres|
|How to reach||Near Jawahar lal Nehru Metro Station|
Dyal Singh Evening College Admission
The admission criteria of the college is purely based on the cut-off basis. Mentioned below are the details for same:
- The admission is done on the basis of merit list.
- SC/ST/OBC Candidates are eligible for relaxation in eligibility percentage.
- A concession of 1% on the cut-off for women candidates is provided in some courses.
- Candidates for CW are allocated on the basis of merit.
- Admission Schedule for courses to which admission is based on entrance test can be notified on the university website.
Dyal Singh Evening College Courses
The college offers various UG Courses. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|Political Science (H)|
Why join Dyal Singh Evening College?
Infrastructure: The College has great infrastructure facilities provided for students and teachers. Briefly mentioned below are the details for the same:
- Auditorium: The college has a spacious and well-equipped Auditorium which is booked round the year and is witness to many a theatre performance and cultural activity.
- Cafeteria: The college cafeteria is spread over roughly 300sq. Mts. The cafeteria has a variety of fruit cakes at a reasonable price along with snacks and fast food.
- Computer, ICT Laboratories: The campus has a well-equipped computer lab having 120 computers with internet facility for both the students as well as the teachers. The campus has WiFi facility which helps students and teachers to access the internet. Some of the classrooms and the seminar hall have projectors. They are used to make presentations.
- Seminar Hall: The college has a Seminar Hall with a seating capacity of 125. Well equipped with audiovisual devices. It is fully air-conditioned and used for various academic events.
- Sports: The college organizes various sports facilities for students. It has an extensive playground on both sides of the college. Facilities for outdoor games like Hockey, Cricket, Volleyball, Football, Athletics etc. are available to the students.
- Training and placement cell: The placement cell of the college strives to provide strong placement linkages so that the students from the college could get good jobs matching their abilities and skills and making them employed.
Dyal Singh Evening College Awards and Achievements
The college has been selected as one of the centers for evaluation of scripts of University annual/semester examination. The college gives several awards to the students for performing best in academics which also boosts the morale of the students and inspire them to perform more. It has been ranked 20th all over India in the National Institutional ranking framework in 2019.
Researches and Projects
Various researches are ongoing in the college with some of them funded by external agencies like UGC, CSIR, ICSSR.