Established in 1959, Dyal Singh Evening College is affiliated to University of Delhi. The college offers degree courses at undergraduate level namely B.Com (Honors/Program), B.A. Program, BA (Hons.) in English and Political Science.
- Admissions are in accordance with provisions and guidelines of University of Delhi and based on Merit.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG courses must register on a centralized admission Web Portal.
- To apply for admission in Dyal Singh Evening College, candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 45% marks for Honours courses and 40% for B.Com/ B.A. Program.
- 1% relaxation in aggregate marks is provides to female candidates in all courses.
- University releases cut off lists for admissions. Candidates meeting the required cut off percentage are eligible to fill the college admission form.
Highlights of Dyal Singh Evening Admission
|Name of the College||Dyal Singh Evening College|
|Basic admission criteria||Merit based|
Check: Fee Structure of Dyal Singh Evening College
Dyal Singh Evening College BA and B.Com Admission 2020
At undergraduate level, Dyal Singh Evening College offers B.Com Program, B.Com (Hons.), BA Program in Computer Application, and BA (Hons.) in English, Political Science. Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 45% marks for admission to Honours courses. For B.Com/ B.A. (Program), candidates require aggregate of 40% marks. Selection is made on the basis of marks obtained in qualifying examination that includes one language and three best subjects.
|Course Name||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|B.Com (Program)||-||10+2 or equivalent with an aggregate of 40% marks||Merit Based|
|B.A. (Program)||Computer Application|
|B.Com (Hons)||-|| 10+2 or equivalent with an aggregate of 45% marks|
Key Points for Admission:
- Applicant must have passed Mathematics/Business Mathematics in 10+2 for admission to B.Com. (Hons.).
- Girl candidates are allowed 1% relaxation in all courses.
- There is no minimum age bar for admission to the undergraduate courses.
- The applicants with gap year(s) are also eligible for admission.
Dyal Singh Evening College Admission Process 2020
Admissions to Dyal Singh Evening College are in accordance with provisions and guidelines of University of Delhi and are based on merit. University releases cut off lists for admissions. Candidates meeting the required cut off percentage are eligible to fill the college admission form.
Applicants have to follow the following admission procedure for getting admitted in the college:
- Applicants seeking admission must first register on a centralized admission Web Portal of Delhi University.
- Registration fee INR 150 (for UR/OBC), INR 75 (SC/ST/PwD), INR 100 (for sports/ECA).
- The applicants must check the centralized Admission Web Portal and college website for cut-offs for different programmes.
- Applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should login to the UG admission portal of the University and select “Dyal Singh Evening College” and course in which the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cut-off criterion.
- Applicants meeting the required cut-off percentage can obtain the admission form from the college office.
- Candidate shall take the admission form together with the list of documents/certificates to the college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the course.
- Applicants shall be required to produce the following documents in original with two sets of self-attested photocopies at the time of admission:
- Class X Certificate
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XII Mark Sheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- At least two passport size self-attested photographs.
- The college will retain the certificates of approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions.
- After this, the college will approve the admission on the UG admission portal.
- However, the college shall promptly return the documents in case student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
- The applicant will then be required to log-on to the UG admission portal to make the online Admission Fee payment through the available online payment options.
- The approved applicant is permitted to make online admission fee payment till 12 noon of the next day of the given admission list deadline.
Dyal Singh Evening College Reservation
Reservation is provided as per norms set by the University of Delhi and central govt. policies. The following reservations are offered by the institute:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||17%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||27%|
|Physically Handicapped (PwD)||5%|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College