P.G.D.A.V college is one of the Prestigious colleges of the University of Delhi. The University was Established in 1957 by the DAV College Managing Society. The college is located in New Delhi and is a part of South Campus. The college offers several courses at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level.
Know more about P.G.D.A.V Application Process
Over 80,000 books
How to Reach
3 km from Lajpat Nagar Metro Station
P.G.D.A.V Courses and Admission
The University offers seven specializations in B.A., two specializations in B.Com and four specializations in B.Sc. at the Undergraduate level. At the Postgraduate level the University offers two specializations in M.A and one specialization each in M.Com./M.Sc./M.A.
P.G.D.A.V Undergraduate Admission
Admission to the Undergraduate program is on the basis of marks acquired by the candidate in 12th (In three best academic subjects)
P.G.D.A.V Postgraduate Admission
Candidates applying for PG courses must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field with minimum 60% marks. Selection of the candidates will be through DU PG Entrance exam and counselling.
Check Courses and Fees Structure
- All India Entrance Scholarship
- Merit Scholarships : The college offers Scholarship to candidates who are exceptionally brilliant but financially needy.
- Fee Concession : The college grants freeship to needy students and outstanding sportsmen. The concession of fee depends on good behavior and regular attendance of the students.
- Classrooms : College has smart classrooms with ceiling mounted projectors and roll down screens to facilitate teaching beyond the traditional style. College recently has added new academic block which constitutes 16 big classrooms and 12 small rooms. Students Amenities Block contains Girls Common Room and Boys Common Room and separate rooms for student’s activities such as NSS, cultural etc.
- Library : The college has more than 85,000 books, journals, periodicals and reference material on diverse fields.
- Computer Centre : The college has state of art computer network. The entire campus is wifi enabled, possesses well equipped computer lab with access to internet and DU library system which is available on all working days to students and teachers.
- Seminar Rooms : The college has two modern state of art seminar rooms, fully air-conditioned, where various academic and cultural events are organized by the college.
- Staff Room : A large and modern air-conditioned staff room for teaching faculty is available. It is one of the largest staff rooms of Delhi University and has a seating capacity of more than 150 people.
- Departmental Rooms: The college has separate departmental rooms to facilitate research and academic activities of the faculty.
- Power Backup : College has uninterrupted 24 X 7 power supply through its 400 KVA Electric Sub Station and 250 KW diesel generator.
- Lift : Lift facility is available for differently abled students and teachers.
- Canteen : College has one of the largest canteens of Delhi University and can accommodate up to 200 people at single time. It offers variety of snacks, beverages and fresh fruits at reasonable rates.
- RO Plant : The college has an RO Plant which provides RO water to its students, faculty as well as non teaching staff. Health of the staff and students is never compromised.
- Bank : Central Bank of India branch is placed within the college premises, providing easy banking facilities to all staff and students.