Fergusson College, Pune was set up for functioning from the year 1895 by the Deccan Education Society. It is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University. This nation-building institution provides a plethora of degree courses at both, UG and PG level. Apart from the degree courses, the college also offers special courses, vocational courses, certificate courses and PhD programs for the students.
The academic programs offered by the college at UG level are B.A. in 15 subjects whereas B.Sc. in 13 subjects all under Arts and Science faculty. It offers M.A. in 4 subjects of Arts stream whereas M.Sc. in 14 subjects. At the Doctorate level, the college offers students PhD in English, Botany, Environmental Science, Electronic Science and Physics.
Some of the top colleges of GGSIPU are:
- Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology
- Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology
- Northern India College of Engineering and any more.
Fergusson College undertakes admission applications online. The candidates can fill in and complete the application process online. The decision of admission to the college for all UG courses relies on merit in accordance with the regulations posed by the University.
Admission to PG courses depends equally on both merit and entrance examination marks. For all the other certificates, diploma and special courses, the admission is based on entrance examination only.
Facilities like Science and Computer laboratories, Language laboratories, Amphi-theatre, Gym, Playgrounds and Hostels are available at the college.
Fergusson College Pune Highlights
|Established |Institute Type||1895 | Private, Autonomous Institution|
|Affiliation||Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|Courses Offered||B.A., B.Sc., B.Voc., M.A., M.Sc., PhD|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based |Entrance-Based|
|Facilities||Science and Computer laboratories, Language laboratories, Amphi-theatre, Gym, Playgrounds and Hostels|
Fergusson College Ranking
Fergusson College is ranked 42nd Indian College by NIRF in the year 2020. The Week ranked the college at no. 8 in the category of Science Colleges in India in the year 2019. It was also ranked at no. 10 in the category of Arts Colleges in India in 2019 by The Week.
Fergusson College Courses
The college offers courses for undergraduates, post graduation as well as Doctorate level. Apart from the degree courses it also offers special vocational programs and certificate/diploma courses for students. The details of all the courses are tabulated below:-
|B.A.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: The candidate must have completed 10+2/equivalent by an acknowledged board in any stream
Specializations: Economics, English, French, Geography, German, Hindi, History, Marathi, Mathematics, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Applied Statistics
|B.Sc.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: The candidate must have completed 10+2/equivalent by an acknowledged board in Science Stream
Specializations: Animation, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronic Science, Environmental Science, Geology, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Statistics, Zoology
|M.A.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: The candidate must have acquired a graduation degree in Arts or related discipline from a recognized university with minimum 50% aggregate
Specializations: Economics, English, Marathi, Psychology
Selection Criteria: Merit based + Entrance (50:50)
|M.Sc.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: The candidate must have completed graduation in Science or related subject from an acknowledged university with minimum 50% marks
Selection Criteria: Merit based + Entrance (50:50)
|B.Voc.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: The candidate must have completed 10+2/equivalent by an acknowledged board in any stream Selection Criteria: Merit based
Specializations: Media and Communications, Digital Art and Animation
|Certification||Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: The candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from an acknowledged university.
Selection Criteria: Merit based
|Ph.D||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: The candidate must have completed Post Graduation in the relevant subject by an acknowledged board
Selection Criteria: Entrance Examination
Specializations: English, Botany, Environmental Science, Electronic Science, Physics
Read More: Fergusson College Courses & Fee
- M.Sc. Industrial Mathematics with Computer Applications
- B. Voc. (under UGC-NSQF):
- Media and Communications
- Digital Art and Animation
The Vocational programs offered by the college at Undergraduate level are:-
- B. Sc. (Physics) with Photography and Audio-Visual Production
- B. Sc. (Electronic Science) with Electronic Equipment Maintenance
- B. Sc. (Botany/Zoology/Chemistry) with Biotechnology
Fergusson College Admissions
Admissions to BA, B.Sc, B.Voc, and Certification courses are purely merit-based.
The admissions for MA and M.Sc. programs are provided in a 50:50 ratio on the basis of merit and entrance.
For Ph.D admissions, candidates must have secured valid marks in the entrance examination.
How to Apply?
Fergusson College is following the online mode for undertaking admissions of students in the year 2020. The applicants have to submit their applications online only. The process for the same is:-
- Open up the official website of the college
- Click and open the Admissions link or the menu
- Download the admission form
- Fill in the required details carefully
- Upload all the required forms for verification
- Pay the application fee of ₹500 through a verified payment gateway via online banking/debit/credit card (only online transactions acceptable)
- Aadhar Card
- Marksheet of high school/senior secondary
- Graduation/Post graduation marksheet
- Entrance Test Result Card
- Transfer certificate (if applicable)
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (if applicable)
- GAP Certificate
- Proof of Parent’s employment in Defense Forces (if applicable)
Read More: Fergusson College Admissions
The college also follows reservations of seats. The breakdown for the same is as tabulated below:-
|Category||No. of Seats|
|Defense Personnel’s Child/Ex-Servicemen||5|
Fergusson College Scholarships
The college offers various scholarships and freeship to the students based on their need and merit. The rules of the Government and Savitribai Phule Pune University are abided by. The college also provides scholarships to minority students. Given below is the list of scholarships and freeship provided by the College:-
- Eklavya Scholarship
- National Merit Scholarship
- B.C. Scholarship (SC/ST/NT/SBC)
- B.C. Other State Scholarship
- Handicapped/Blind Scholarship
- Foreign Student’s Scholarship (Mauritius/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh/Kenya)
- Champutai Gokhale Scholarship
- Nagaland Government Scholarship
- Savitribai Phule Merit Scholarship
- Inspire Scholarship
- Government Open Merit Scholarship
- AFWW/EBC Merit Scholarship
- Sanskrit Scholarship
- Science Talent Scholarship
- Jain Merit Scholarship
- 80% Central Sector Scholarship
- Jindal F Scholarship
- Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Bidi Kamgar Scholarship (Nagpur)
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship
- S.C. Freeship
- S.T. Freeship
- N.T. Freeship
- S.B.C. Freeship
- Secondary School Teacher’s Freeship
- Primary School Teacher’s Freeship
Read More: Fergusson College Scholarships
Fergusson College Facilities
- Spacious Classrooms:- The college has spacious and properly ventilated classrooms wherein various conventional teaching aids can be used for lectures.
- Laboratories:- The college has a total of 52 laboratories for general studies and programs while 15 are exclusively for research purposes.
- Other Teaching/Learning Facilities:- There are other learning centers and laboratories for language studies, computer laboratories and other IT zones giving the facility of internet connectivity to the students.
- Amphi-theatre/Audio Visual Halls:- The college also owns its amphi-theatre and 13 other audio visuals halls for hosting extra-curricular activities for the students.
- Accommodation: The College has six separate hostels for both boys and girls inside the college campus. The hostels are monitored and looked after by the wardens. The hostels have the capacity to hold 441 boys and 230 girl students. The facilities provided to the students in hostels are mess, medical facilities, and open guest rooms for parents, gymnasium (for girls), television, security cameras and CCTV etc.
Read More: Fergusson College Facilities
Ques. Is there a provision of scholarships?
Ques. What is a freeship?
Ques. How to apply for admission in the college?
Ques. What are the special programs offered by the college?
Ques. How can International students apply for admission in Fergusson College?
Ques. What is the application fee of Fergusson College?
Ques. Will the degree after completion of the course be offered by Fergusson College?
Ques. Does the College provide accommodation facilities to the students?
Ques. How to apply for English Content Writing Certification Course?
- Strong command over the language of content to be framed up
- Diverse content writing abilities
- Sound knowledge of world wide web and MS Office