Savitribai Phule Pune University, also known as Pune University is one of the premier universities in India. Pune University is situated in the North-western part of Pune City and was established on February 10th, 1949 under the Poona University Act. The 411-Acre campus houses 46 academic departments. Pune University has several 718 Affiliated colleges and research institutes. The University ranks 4th in state of Maharashtra and 10th in NIRF rankings of country.
Pune University Highlights
|Accreditations||Grade ‘A’ by NAAC|
|Programs Offered||UG, PG and Doctoral|
|Entrance Exam Accepted||JEE Mains, NATA, GATE, NEET|
Pune University Courses and Eligibility
There are several Courses offered by Pune University at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral level.
Some of them are,
- B.A. and M.A.
- B.A. and M.A. (Fine Arts)
- Master of Oriental Learning (M.O.L)
- B.Ed. and M.Ed.
- B.Sc., M.Sc. and D.Sc.
- MBA and MCA
- B.Pharm. and M.Pharm.
- B.Com. and M.Com.
- LL.B and LL.M.
- Ph.D. and M.Phil.
There are 46 departments providing various degree courses.
|Marathi||Education and Extension|
Instrumentation Science [USIC]
|Mathematics||English||Centre for Performing Arts|
|Environmental Science||Sanskrit||Library and Information Science|
|Zoology||Political Science||Communication and Journalism|
|Biotechnology||History||Skill Development Center [SDC]|
|Geography||Philosophy||Management Science [PUMBA]|
|Physics||Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Studies||-|
|Atmospheric and Space Sciences||Foreign Studies||-|
|Statistics||Center for advanced studies||-|
|Media and Communication Studies|
Defense and Strategic Studies
School of Health Sciences
Interdisciplinary School [Humanities and Social Science]
School of Energy Studies
Women's Studies Centre
|Interdisciplinary School of Scientific Computing|
Lifelong Learning and Extension
|Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology [I.B.B.]|
Buddhist Studies and Dr. Ambedkar Thoughts
|Centre for Information and Network Security [C.I.N.S.]|
Centre of International Security and Defense Analysis [NISDA]
Centre for Modeling and Simulation
|School of Basic Medical Sciences [SBMS]||-||-|
Read MorePune University Courses
Eligibility of various courses are summarised below:
Undergraduate Course Eligibility
- Pune University offers various courses at the Undergraduate level.
- The basic criteria to apply is Intermediate (10+2) from a recognized University with the minimum required marks.
- Selection of the candidates will be on the basis of marks secured in the Entrance and Performance Test conducted by the University.
Postgraduate Course Eligibility
- To apply to Postgraduate courses offered by Pune University, a candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 50% marks.
- Applicants will be selected for an MBA program on the basis of marks in MAH CET conducted by DTE Maharashtra.
- Whereas, admission to other PG courses is based on the Entrance exam and Interview conducted by the University.
M.Phil. Course Eligibility
- To apply to M.Phil. course a candidate must have a Master’s degree in the same or related discipline with minimum 50% marks from a known university.
- However, students will be selected on the basis of previous academic scores and performance in the Entrance Examination conducted by the concerned Department.
Ph.D. Course Eligibility
- The selection for the Ph.D. program is based on the written test conducted by the university.
- However, for those who have qualified for national level entrance tests and fellowship are exempted from appearing for the entrance test.
- Students should have passed their Master’s Degree Examination with at least 50% marks or equivalent.
Note: Students will be selected on the basis of Ph.D. Entrance Examination. The exam consists of two papers viz., Paper 1 consists of 3 Parts - Logical Reasoning, Numerical Ability; and Reasoning and Language Aptitude. Paper 2 consists of 2 parts - Multiple Choice Questions and Theoretical/ Descriptive Questions.
CheckPune University Fees Structure
Pune University Study Abroad Programs
Savitribai Phule Pune University also has a 'Study Abroad Program' with foreign Universities such as, University of Lausanne (Switzerland), University of Sorbonne (Paris), University of Calgary (Canada), University of Tehran (Iran), University of Bremen (Germany), University of Central Queensland (Australia).
International Programs of Academic Collaboration
The Savitribai Phule Pune University has special programs of academic collaborations with renowned universities covering a variety of subjects in the field of Arts. Science. and Languages etc. Pune University has collaborated with some of the leading universities like University of Pennsylvania, University of North Carolina, University of Cornell, University of Indiana, University of Nagoya, University of York, University of Manchester and many more.
Pune University Admissions:
Pune University Admissions are entirely based on the marks in the National level entrance exams. However, University also conducts its own entrance exams for the admission to certain courses.Read MorePune University Cutoff
The Application Form for different courses at Pune University is made available on the official website of the website.
Here are the steps to apply:
- Visit the official website of the University.
- Click on the Admission Tab.
- Select the course i.e., UG, PG or Ph.D. Admissions.
- Click on the desired department course and specialization.
- You will be redirected to the login page.
- New users Signup, others can log in by entering Username and Password.
- Click on ‘New Application’.
- Fill the applications with legit information.
- Upload your recent photograph.
- Click on ‘Save and Proceed’.
- Pay the application fee via Challan.
- Get the Application and a copy of the university challan copy printed.
Attested copy these following documents should be kept ready and must be submitted with the Application form:
- All the Marks Cards.
- Caste Certificate
- Provisional Degree Certificate/Degree Certificate
- National level/State level Sports Certificate (If applying through sports quota).
Savitribai Phule Pune University Admission Fee
Depending on the course you pick, its duration and other factors the admission fee varies. The fees amount for some of the courses are as given below:
- INR 1,21,250 for two years for the M.Tech course.
- The course fee for the MBA program is INR 1,30,000 for 2 years' duration.
- For three years of the MCA course at IGNOU, the total fee is INR 33,600.
Note : Candidates' performance and scores in different national and state-level examinations are considered for admission. Also, Check Pune University Result
Read MorePune University Admissions
Pune University Rankings
|Times (World)||601 - 800||2018|
|Times (Asia)||161 - 170||2017|
Pune University Scholarship
The University offers several scholarship schemes to meritorious students. The Scholarship schemes are offered to those candidates who are deserving yet come from a low economic background.
SPPU scholarships are provided to all eligible candidates.
- The university provides scholarships to meritorious students
- The scholarships are based on the merits obtained by the students in the exams and entrance exams.
- The scholarships are provided in various schemes with incentives.
Also, Check Pune University Scholarship
Pune University Facilities:
The college has modern infrastructure and facilities. Below mentioned are some of those in detail.
- The university has its own health center where all the treatment and medical aids are provided to the students in case of an emergency.
- The university has a walking track where students and faculties can have a morning or evening walk to stay fit.
- The walking track is well built by the university.
- The university has its printing press where all the book and press are published by the university.
- There is a central workshop in the university where the students can practice and have their experiments in the workshop.
- The university has a fleet of buses which provides pick and drop services to students and faculties from one location to another location on a daily basis.
Banking And Postal Services:
- The university has a full-fledged bank service available for the students where they can use it for their purpose.
- There is also a postal service available in the university.