BES Institute of Technology (BESIT), Bangalore that got established in the year 2003 is a renowned Engineering Polytechnic College in Bangalore.
- The institute offers 3-year diploma degree in five branches of engineering.
- The college admits students on the basis of marks obtained in 10th boards/ 12th boards or other equivalent examinations (Ex: ITI) from any recognized board.
- The college location has close proximity to the city railway station and bus station.
- The college provides admission into Polytechnic courses based on the guidelines laid by DTE, Karnataka.
BESIT Bangalore Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2003 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Courses Offered||5 diploma courses across engineering stream|
|Popular Courses||Computer science and mechanical courses|
|Campus Area||4.4 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Girls Hostel, Auditorium, Sports, Cafeteria, IT Infrastructure, Laboratories, and Bank Facilities, etc.|
BESIT Bangalore Courses
The college offers diploma degree for 5 branches under the engineering stream as indicated in the below table.
|Mechanical, Electronics and Telecommunication, Civil, Electrical, and Computer science Engineering.||3 years||10th pass from any recognized board with a minimum of 35% marks for 1st year or 12th board exam/ ITI passed and should have studied in Karnataka for 2nd year|
Read More BESIT Bangalore Courses and Fees
BESIT Bangalore Admission
The college admits students for 3-year diploma course on the basis of marks obtained in 10th board / equivalent examination with a minimum mark of 35% as eligibility criteria. The college admits students into the 2-year diploma course on the basis of marks obtained in 12th board/ ITI examination.
- The student must have studied English as one of the subjects in class 10.
- The Student Should Have Studied in the Karnataka State.
- The college follows rules set by DTE Karnataka for admissions into polytechnic colleges. The cut offs/ ranking based on the qualifying exam marks are released on the official website only at https://dtek.karnataka.gov.in.
- Interested candidates need to register themselves on the official website of DTE Karnataka and fill in the required details.
- Pay the application fee and submit the form.
- Seats get allotted in the DTE Counselling based on the preference of the students.
- The candidates need to go to the given college after DTE counselling for confirmation of admission by submitting the required documents and paying the fees.
BESIT Bangalore Placements
The placements at the institution are averagely rated. However, it has shown an increasing placement graph over the past few years. It organizes many pre-placement activities like mock interviews, expert talks, workshops, and seminars to guide and boost the confidence of students. The placement cell provides complete placement to the students in leading companies across various disciplines.
BESIT Bangalore Scholarships
The college provide various scholarship and free studentships on the basis of Merit-cum-Economic Status of students. The scholarships schemes that serve the students in the college are:
- Fee concessions
- Government of India National Merit Scholarships
- Scholarships for Backward Class Students and Minorities
- Government of India SC/ ST Scholarships
- Physically Handicapped Scholarships
BESIT Bangalore Facilities
The college offers the following facilities to cater the needs of their students:
- Computer labs- Computer labs with high-speed internet connection are available at the college to aid better learning.
- Medical facility- A basic first aid kit is there with a 24/ 7 doctor available. An ambulance is also available for emergency cases.
- Cafeteria- A cafeteria which provides healthy and nutritious food to students as well as staff members at affordable prices is available
- Laboratories- A laboratory for each department is present for better learning through practical skill development.
- Library- A library with variety of books covering areas of literature, science and technology, and politics, etc. is present.
- Girls hostel- A girl hostel is there to accommodate girls living far away from the homes to take care of their safety as well as other needs.
- Gym- A gym with many equipment and fixed time access to students and staff members is made available.
- Sports- The college organizes many sport events. Outdoor as well as indoor sport games are available like tennis and badminton, etc.
- Auditorium- An auditorium is large enough to accommodate students and teachers for various activity organised in the college.
- Bank facilities- Bank facilities to help students transact money whenever needed is also available at the college.
BESIT Bangalore Faculty
With highly qualified faculty at the institution, the institute is committed to impart strong educational foundations and values in the hearts, thoughts, and actions of the future engineers of the nation. There are a total of 31 faculty members in the college. Most of them hold a minimum of PG degree in their respective fields.
Read More BESIT Bangalore Faculty
BESIT Bangalore FAQs
Ques. What is the branch wise intake of BESIT Bangalore?
Ans. The branch wise intake of the college is as follows:
- Civil Engineering: 45
- Computer science Engineering: 45
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering: 45
- Mechanical Engineering: 45
- Electrical engineering: 23
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission at BESIT Bangalore?
Ans. The candidate must have a scanned copy of the following documents:
- 10th/ 12th/ equivalent examination’s marksheet
- Leaving/ Transfer Certificate (L.C./T.C.)
- Domicile certificate
- Eligibility certificate from DTE Karnataka
- Caste certificate if applicable
- Birth Certificate
- Aadhar card xerox
Ques. Any criteria of selection for the lateral admissions at BESIT Bangalore?
Ans. Yes, for the lateral admissions, students completing their 12th / ITI is allowed in BESIT Bangalore. The interested candidate must note that he/ she must have studied a minimum of 5 years in Karnataka from 1st standard to ITI. If not, they won’t be eligible to apply to lateral admissions.
Ques. Whether other states can apply to the BESIT Bangalore?
Ans. Yes, Non-Karnataka students should obtain Eligibility Certificate issued by the Department of Technical Education (DTE), Government of Karnataka in order to apply to the college.
Ques. What should the students from other boards like ICSE or CBSE do to get admitted into BESIT Bangalore?
Ans. Karnataka Students who have passed Class X in ICSE Or CBSE should obtain Eligibility Certificate issued by DTE, Karnataka.