Baba Hira Singh Bhattal Institute of Engineering and Technology (BHSBIET) is a government engineering college in Punjab. It was initially started as Govt. Polytechnic in 1996 and this Institute was given an autonomous status and launched as a unique Govt. established Institute to run Diploma and Degree level programs in Engineering.
- BHSBIET offers undergraduate degree courses in engineering in four disciplines, part time postgraduate program in three branches and diploma courses in five branches of engineering
- College campus is located in Leharanga in Sangarur district. Campus is well equipped with all the infrastructural facilities
- BHSBIET is committed to create and perpetuate an environment of Academic Excellence manifesting a unique oneness with the global standard
- Admissions are done on the basis of JEE merit list. All seats of this institute are filled through the central counseling conducted by Punjab Technical University Jalandhar.
- Eligibility Criteria for the admission to the B. Tech course is 10+2 or its equivalent examination with at least 45% marks, conducted by a recognized Board with Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one of the following as optional subject: Chemistry / Biology / Biotechnology/ Computer Science
Facilities: BHSBIET provides all the necessary facilities to the engineering students. Some of them are mentioned below-
- Hostels- College has Separate Boys and Girls Hostels are available in the campus having 24 Hours Internet Connectivity
- Library- Institute's Library has about 20,000 books which includes technical books, Books, Reports, Proceedings, Periodicals, National and International Journals.