Balasore College of Engineering and Technology - [BCET] Quick Updates
Balasore College of Engineering and Technology (BCET) is a private engineering college in Balasore district of Orissa. It was established in 2001 by Fakir Mohan Educational and Charitable Trust. BCET Balasore is affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela.
- It is an AICTE approved institute and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified institute
- The college is situated at Sergarh about 8km from Balasore in an area of 12 acres of lush green environment. The college provides modern teaching facilities with State-of -Art Laboratories.
- BCET has corporate tie-ups with reputed companies for providing state of the art training in the latest technology within the Campus itself
- The college has a separate Training and Placement Cell. The cell acts as a coordinator for the Industrial Training and Placement of pre-final and final year students
Departments: College has following academic departments-
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Business Administration
- Computer Application
- Humanities and Social Science
- BCET offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses with an annual intake of 756 students.
- Admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate [M. Tech., MBA, MCA] courses are made through Orissa Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) conducted by Govt. of Orissa
Facilities: BCET provides all the necessary facilities to the engineering students. Some of them are detailed below-
- Library- College library has more than 25,000 books, large volume of journals and periodicals
- Conference Hall- BCET has a fully air-conditioned conference hall having seating capacity 300 with featuring modern audio- visual equipment for meeting and conferences.
- Computer Facilities- Separate internet laboratories with 2Mbps dedicated leased line internet connection to provide internet access for students.
- CHARISMA- It is the annual youth festival that is the most awesomely celebrated event of the institute which integrates professionals from academic, Research Industry, Glamour and Social Work.