Bengal College of Engineering and Technology is located in Durgapur in West Bengal. It was established in 2001 under the aegis of SKS Educational and Social Trust. The college is affiliated to MAKAUT, Kolkata. The Bengal College of Engineering and Technology has been awarded the title of “Outstanding Engineering Institute (East)” for five times. The college offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in different fields of Engineering and Management.
Read More Bengal College of Engineering and Technology Application Process
Bengal College of Engineering and Technology Highlights
No. of Books-53733
How to Reach
15 km from Kazi Nazrul Islam Airport
179.8 km from Durgapur Bus Stand
174.7 km from Durgapur Railway Station
Bengal College of Engineering and Technology Courses and Admission
B.Tech and B.Tech (Lateral) Entry Admission
- The candidate should have done 10+2 or equivalent with 45% marks in PCM taken together and should have obtained 30% or passing marks in English to get admission to the B.Tech program.
- For B.Tech program, the selection will be made on the basis of merit in Joint Entrance Examination conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEE) or Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Main) held by CBSE.
Click Here to Check JEE Main or WBJEE Cutoff
- To apply for B.Tech (Lateral), the candidate should have done Diploma or must hold B.Sc degree with minimum 50% marks from AICTE/UGC approved institution.
Note: The required marks for the SC/ST candidates is 40%.Whereas for the B.Tech (lateral), the required marks is 45% for reserved categories.
- The candidate should possess B.E/B.Tech degree with the minimum required marks in the relevant field to apply to the program.
- Final selection of the candidate will be based on the GATE score.
BBA and MBA Admission
- To be eligible for BBA program, the candidate is required to pass 10+@ with minimum required marks.
- To get admission to the MBA program, the candidate must have done Graduation in any discipline with at least 45% marks.
- The final selection in the MBA program will be based on the score of MAT conducted by AIMA, New Delhi or WB-JEMAT conducted by MAKAUT, Kolkata.
BCA and MCA Admission
- For BCA, the candidate must have done 10+2 with minimum required marks and should have Mathematics as one of the main subjects.
- Whereas for MCA, the candidate should possess Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects.
- Final selection will be based on the JECA Entrance Examination conducted by MAKAUT, Kolkata for MCA program.
Click here for Bengal College of Engineering and Technology Courses and Fee Structure
Bengal College of Engineering and Technology Library
An essential component of the college believes in achieving excellence. The library enriches students with numerous resources and instills quality education. The library has various resources in the form of books, journals, titles, e-journals and CDs. The library facilitates students with books on GATE, GRE, MAT, IES, IAS and prepares them for competitive examinations. The college is a member of IEEE, ASME, ASCE and DELNET, students can access a wide range of resource.
Bengal College of Engineering and Technology Placement
The training and placement cell holds various summer internships for students and equips them with practical aspects of the work environment.
Placement Record of the year 2017
No. of Students Selected
CSE, IT, ECE, EEE, ME
Think and Learn
CSE, IT, ECE,EEE, EE,AEIE, CE, ME, BT
B.Tech, MBA, BCA, BBA, MCA
Associated Schools and Colleges:
- Bengal College of Engineering (BCE)
- Bengal College of Pharmaceutical Scs & Research (BCPSR)
- Bengal College of Polytechnic (BCP)
- Durgapur Institute of Management & Science (DIMS)
- Durgapur Public School (DPS)
- SKS Public School (SKSPS)
- SKS World School (SKSWS)
- Sanjay Institute of Engineering & Management (SIEM)
- Sanjay College of Pharmacy (SCP)
- Sanjay Institute of Technology & Management (SITM)
- Sanjay Public School (SPS)