Bhadrak Institute of Engineering and Technology - [BIET] Quick Updates
Bhadrak Institute of Engineering and Technology (BIET), a premier college of Bhubaneswar was established in 1997 with the prime aim to provide qualitative technical education in the state of Orissa. It offers under graduate and post graduate Engineering courses, MCA and MBA.
- Placed in Bhadrak, Orissa.
- Approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela
- Spread over a sprawling 100 acres of land
- An ISO Certified Institution
- Recognized by the Government of Orissa
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Applied Sciences
The College has an independent Training & placement Cell devoted to cater the needs of the organizations in conducting campus interviews for placements.
Total No. of Placed Students
BIET’s goal is to give students a well-rounded education and doesn’t stop with just giving students an education in the Sciences and Engineering. Students are encouraged to get involved in arts, music, drama, debate, paintings and other elated skills.
- It is a well–stocked library with more than 50,000 number of text books, 150 journals & periodicals of National and International repute.
- The library provides numerous e-documents and video courses that are prepared by reputed academicians
- It also provides access to substantial records of books and articles published in national and international journals including inter-library LAN services through DELNET
There are four separate hostels for boys and girls with accommodation of 900 students to all modern amenities to help the students in concentrating on their studies. Besides, PCs with Internet connectivity (Wi-Fi) is also provided in the hostels.
Each year different departments organize their branch festivals. These festivals include technical seminars, presentations and entertainment programmes. In this year different branch festivals were held like
- Mechcitement: organized by Mechanical Engineering
- Electra 2013: organized by Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Despededa: organized by Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Civil2K13: organized by Civil Engineering
- Phonesis: organized by Computer Science Engineering
- Top class education scholarship for SC&ST students (Central Scholarship)
- General scholarship for OBC students
- Scholarship for SC&ST students from state Govt
- Scholarship from Higher Education Department for meritorious students (Girls)
- Scholarship from Higher Education (Merit Cum means scholarship)
- Scholarship from Govt. of Odisha for the students (children of Bidi workers)