Camellia Institute of Technology (CIT) is a private engineering college situated in the heart of Kolkata. CIT offers B.Tech in 6 specializations, B.Tech Lateral Entry and Diploma courses. Admissions to the B.Tech courses are based on the WBJEE rank held. Admissions for the B.Tech Lateral Entry courses are based on rank held in JELET. The selection of eligible candidates in the Diploma course is based on merit in the last qualifying exam. Applications are accepted online.
Camellia Institute of Technology Highlights
|Established | Type||2007 | Private|
|Courses||B.Tech, B.Tech Lateral Entry & Diploma|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Entrance Exams||WBJEE, JELET, JEXPO|
|Facilities Available||Library, Canteen, Computer Lab, Laboratory, Hostel, etc.|
|Official College Website||https://www.camelliait.ac.in|
Camellia Institute of Technology Courses
Camellia Institute of Technology offers 6 specializations in B.Tech and B.Tech lateral, in addition to the diploma programs. The details of the courses are mentioned below.
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10 + 2 with minimum 45% aggregate
Specializations: Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Civil Engineering Selection Criteria: WBJEE
Fees per Annum: INR 96500
|B.Tech Lateral||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Diploma in Engineering or B.Sc (Hons.) with 60% aggregate
Specializations: Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Civil Engineering
Selection Criteria: JELET
Fees per Annum: INR 98000
|Diploma||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 35% in Mathematics & Physical Science in Class 10 examination with a valid Jexpo Rank or 45% marks in Mathematics & Physical Science for Direct Admission
Specializations: Civil and Mechanical
Selection Criteria: Merit-Based or JEXPO
Fees per Annum: INR 60000
Read More: Camellia Institute of Technology Fees
Camellia Institute of Technology Admissions
Admissions to all courses are based on entrance examinations. Admissions to the B.Tech course is conducted according to the WBJEE ranks, admissions for Lateral Entry are based on JELET ranks, and for the Diploma program, candidates can apply through either JEXPO or on the basis of merit in qualifying examination. Applications are accepted online.
How to Apply?
- Candidates need to register on the official website of the Camellia Institute of Technology.
- Once the user ID and password are created, a confirmation mail will be sent to the registered email address.
- The candidate needs to tap on the link to proceed further.
- Log in with the created username and password.
- Locate and tap on the link “Apply Online”.
- Fill all the personal as well as academic details in the application form.
- After shortlisting, candidates need to visit the campus in person for the counseling process.
Candidates are required to submit following documents in the campus for verification:
- 10th standard mark sheet
- 10+2 standard mark sheet
- Migration certificate
- All the semester candidates (in case of Lateral Entry and Diploma)
- Entrance examination scorecard
- Identity proof (voter id card/PAN card/Aadhar card)
Read More: Camellia Institute of Technology Admission
Camellia Institute of Technology Placements
There is a placement cell available in the college to recruit students post completion of their respective courses, as well as a counseling center. They train students to become interview ready and prepared for the corporate world. High profile companies visit the college annually to recruit eligible students into their company. Top Recruiters include:
|Capgemini||Shree Honda||Maven Infotech||Hexaware|
Read More: Camellia Institute of Technology Placement
Camellia Institute of Technology Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the college include:
- Hostel: They provide students with hostel facilities for both girls as well as boys. Clean and hygienic food is served regularly.
- Library: The college has a huge library with books related to a huge array of subjects pertaining to the curriculum as well as non-curriculum books are accessible.
- Lab: There is a lab where students can do their research work. The total intake of students in the lab at a single time is 20.
- Student Counselling Centre: Career guidance is bestowed upon students through the counseling center. They listen to student’s grievances and help them accordingly.
- Medical Facility: The college has an emergency medical facility and ambulance service available at times of adversity faced by a particular student.
- Bank and ATM System: There is a bank available for remote students to invest their money in a safe and secure environment.
Read More: Camellia Institute of Technology Hostel
Camellia Institute of Technology FAQs
Ques. How do we contact the college for further details?
Ques. What are the important dates to keep in mind?
|JELET Application||20 Mar - 20 Apr 2020|
|JELET Exam||24 Jun 2020|
|WBJEE Application Start Date||19 Dec 2019|
|WBJEE Exam||22 Apr 2020|
Ques. Are there any reservations?
Ques. How is the faculty of the college?
Read More: Camellia Institute of Technology Faculty
Ques. What is the cut off for WBJEE in B.Tech?
|Computer Science and Engineering||25978-51449|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||29633-79500|
Read More: Camellia Institute of Technology Cut Off