The College of Engineering Thalassery, established in 2000, is affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (KTU). It offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in engineering. The admission procedure is conducted via entrance tests as well as on the basis of merit. Placement opportunities are abundant, with many recruiters visiting the institution in order to hire eligible candidates. The college has Hostel, transportation, labs, seminar halls, and various other amenities.
College of Engineering Thalassery Highlights
|Established in | Institute Type||2000 | Public|
|Affiliation||APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (KTU) Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Entrance Test||KEAM, GATE|
|Facilities||Hostel, transportation, labs, seminar halls, workshops, library, canteen|
|Campus area||25 acres|
College of Engineering Thalassery courses
The College of Engineering Thalassery offers undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses in a number of specializations. The details of each have been tabulated as follows.
|B Tech||Specialisation: Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Information Technology (IT), Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Mechanical Engineering (ME), Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 with at least 50% marks in Mathematics, as well as in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics together, Pass in 10+2 with the four subjects for SC/ST candidates
|M Tech||Specialisation: Electronics and Communication Engineering in Signal Processing, Mechanical Engineering in Manufacturing Systems and Management
Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
Eligibility Criteria: At least 50% in Bachelor of Technology or its equivalent course of at least 3 years
College of Engineering Thalassery Admission
Admission to the College of Engineering Thalassery is done online. For UG courses the candidate needs to apply for the KEAM entrance test and for PG courses the student needs to sit for the GATE. Interested and eligible students are required to submit their application form online by following the below - listed steps:
- The aspirant needs to visit the official website of CEE Kerala (for B Tech) and GATE (for M Tech)
- The candidate needs to register as a new user upon which they will get a unique application number. They need to choose a password and log in for being eligible for the entrance test
- The aspirant should fill in the application form with the required details
- All the required documents, such as class X mark sheets, class XII mark sheets, graduation mark sheets (if applicable), ID proof, passport photographs, and signatures need to be uploaded as per instructions given
- Once submitted, the application payment needs to be submitted via online means
- It is advisable to take printouts of the application form and the payment receipt for future reference
- The applicant needs to download the admit card on the given date and sit for KEAM and GATE respectively
- The score and the rank obtained in the examination shall determine whether the applicant is eligible for admission.
Admission Procedure for NRIs
Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are eligible to take admission in the B Tech programmes offered by the College of Engineering Thalassery solely based on merit in the prior qualifying examinations. The candidates who have scored at least 45% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics put together in 10+2 examinations are eligible for admission in this institution. The application fee for NRI candidates is INR 600. It is to be paid in cash or through a demand draft issued at State Bank of India to the Principal, College of Engineering Thalassery.
Documents required for admission:
- Employment certificate of the NRI who is sponsoring the candidate
- Pages of a passport that contain the visa details
- Proof that the candidate holds a bank account with an amount that exceeds zero
Mentioned below are the courses with their respective entrance exams for admission to College of Engineering Thalassery
|B Tech||Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM)|
|M Tech||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)|
Click here College of Engineering Thalassery Admission
Following are the reserved categories as per the College of Engineering Thalassery
College of Engineering Thalassery Placements
The campus placements for students are handled by the efficient Training and Placement Cell of the College of Engineering Adequate arrangements are made by the institute for pre-placement discussions, written tests, campus interviews, as well as group discussions. Some of the reputed recruiters that pay a visit to this college for conducting campus interviews and selecting eligible candidates are Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, Wipro, IBM, Cognizant, Poornam Info Vision, IndusInd Bank, Orion, Dalmia Bharat Cement, Logidots
College of Engineering Thalassery Scholarships
College of Engineering Thalassery offers a number of scholarships to students on the basis of financial situations as well as academic performances. They have been enlisted as follows:
- Central Sector Scholarship: Offered by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the scholarship is for those students who belong to a financially weaker system and from PwD categories.
- Merit cum Means Scholarship: This scholarship, offered by the Ministry of Minority Welfare, provides financial support to minority students with an annual income that does not exceed INR 250000
- Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access Scholarship: FAEA offers scholarships to those who belong to the economically weaker BPL sections to pursue undergraduate and other technical courses
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd Scholarship: IOCL offers 600 scholarships to those students who have an annual income that does not exceed INR 100000
- Egrants: Offered by Kerala Scheduled Caste Scheduled Tribe Development Department Affairs, this scholarship is for those students from SC/ ST/ OBC/ SEBC/ FC categories who are pursuing post-matric courses. For SEBC and FC candidates, the annual income should not exceed INR 100000. For the rest, there is no specified annual income
- Snehapoorvam: Offered by the Government of Kerala, this scholarship is for orphaned students.
College of Engineering Thalassery Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the College of Engineering Thalassery to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members:
- Sports: The College provides a number of games and sports facilities within the campus like a football ground, a cricket field, a table tennis court, a badminton court with floodlights, a volleyball court, and provisions for various indoor games.
- Central Computing Facility: The Central Computing System (CCF) has around a hundred desktop systems with high-speed internet connection for students and staff members of the college. Wifi connectivity is also available for everyone.
- Hostel Facilities: College has hostel facilities for girls. With a total capacity of 150 students, the monthly rent of each room is INR 1500.
- Transportation: the College has eight buses that take the students and staff members to and from the campus.
- Canteen: The college canteen offers heavy meals as well as light refreshments..
- Library: The College has a well-stocked library with a plethora of books, journals, and magazines to assist students in their needs.
College of Engineering Thalassery Faculty
The College of Engineering Thalassery has a team of around 89 faculty members with 6 heads of their respective departments, 69 assistant professors, and 4 associate professors. The technical staff consists of 17 members. The entire team strives towards imparting educational and moral values to lead the students to a brighter future.
College of Engineering Thalassery FAQs
Ques. What are the courses offered by the college?
Ques. Are there any hostel facilities?
Ques. Is it a girls’ college?
Ques. Are there any scholarship programmes in the college?
Ques. Can I get lateral entry in this college?