College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat was established in the year 1998. It is an AICTE accredited private college affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal.
It offers B.Tech at the under-graduate level in six different specialisations. The admissions to these courses are through WBJEE or JEE-Main counselling or through decentralised counselling based on the qualification in the above mentioned exams.
The college has a good amount of facilities necessary for the students to learn and develop themselves holistically. The campus at Kolaghat is equipped with facilities such as Central Library, Hostel, Equipped Laboratories etc., It also focuses on extra-curricular activities such as sports and games for an overall development of the students studying there.
The training and placement cell of the college has intense training procedures in order to equip students with the necessary skills to increase their employability and get placed in top companies of the country.
College of Engineering and Management Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1998 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal|
|Accredited/Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Entrance Exam||JEE-Main or WBJEE|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech. (across 6 specialisations)|
|Admission Criteria||Based on JEE-Main or WBJEE performance and counselling|
|Top Recruiters||Cognizant, TCS, Bosch, Tata Motors, L&T, Mitsubishi Motors, Ramky Group, Infosys, Wipro, Tech Mahindra|
|Campus Area||32 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Canteens, Sports, Hospital, Bank, Post-Office, Guest House, Gym|
CEM Kolaghat Courses
College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat offers B.Tech in 6 specialisations at the bachelor’s level. Currently, there are no post-graduate courses available. The details of the courses offered are as follows:
|B.Tech.||Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: Candidate should have passed 10+2 with 40% marks or its equivalent from any recognized board with Mathematics, Physics and any one of Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science/Computer Applications/Technical Vocational Subject
Specialisations: Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Information Technology (IT), Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering (AEIE), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE), Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
Read More: CEM Courses & Fee
CEM Kolaghat Admissions
Admissions at College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat generally take place through JEE-Main or WBJEE counselling process.
The details are as follows:
- Candidates for the B.Tech. courses across all specialisations must apply for either JEE-Main or WBJEE exam, and go for the respective counselling procedures after results are announced.
- The total seat intake of the college is 420 students. 80% of the seats in each course is allotted to General Category candidates applying through WBJEE, 10% of the seats is reserved for SC Category candidates applying through WBJEE and the remaining 10% of the seats is for candidates applying through JEE-Main.
The total size of intake for each course is mentioned below:
|Courses||Size of intake|
|B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||120|
|B.Tech. Information Technology (IT)||60|
|B.Tech. Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (AEIE)||60|
|B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)||60|
|B.Tech. Electrical Engineering (EE)||60|
|B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering (ME)||60|
How to Apply?
Students who wish to apply for the B.Tech. courses in College of Engineering and Management may follow the below steps for the admission process:
- Candidates must check their eligibility and apply for JEE-Main or WBJEE exam before the deadline.
- After writing their respective exam and getting the results, the students would have to go for a counselling process. There are two kinds of counselling procedures in order to gain a seat at College of Engineering and Management.
They are as follows:
Online Counselling: Candidates must go for online JEE-Main/WBJEE counselling on the specified date, time and venue, depending on the entrance exam they have written.
- The allotment of seats would be based on their rank, reservation and college preferences given by the student.
- Candidates who qualified in JEE-Main/WBJEE examinations and have been allotted a seat in this college by the respective board through online counselling will have to report to the college office at Kolaghat within the stipulated time as per the JEE-Main/WBJEE guidelines.
Decentralized Counselling: Interested candidates with the above requisite eligibility and qualification may meet the college authority at Kolaghat as early as possible on any working day between 9:00am to 5:00pm along for booking a seat.
- The following photocopied documents must be taken to the college along with the candidates for the process of decentralized counselling –10thstandard admit card and mark sheet, 10+12 admit card and mark sheet, JEE-Main/WBJEE admit card and rank card.
Read More: CEM Admission
Cut-offs by ranks (WBJEE 2019) (Last Round)
|B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||13722-49124|
|B.Tech. Information Technology (IT)||20004-78961|
|B.Tech. Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (AEIE)||36185-79126|
|B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)||13544-79521|
|B.Tech. Electrical Engineering (EE)||19847-80052|
|B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering (ME)||40040-78611|
Cut-offs by ranks (JEE-Main 2019) (Last Round)
|B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||79998-235744|
|B.Tech. Information Technology (IT)||89127-791461|
|B.Tech. Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (AEIE)||993066-993066|
|B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)||288421-817786|
|B.Tech. Electrical Engineering (EE)||163822-626898|
|B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering (ME)||200262-658365|
These cut-offs are only for the last rounds of WBJEE 2019 and JEE-Main 2019.
Read More: CEM Cutoff
CEM Kolaghat Placements
Placements are available at College of Engineering and Management which open up career opportunities for the students studying here across all specialisations. The placement cell at CEMK organizes on-campus, off-campus and pool-campus interviews for students.
The placement record as provided by the college includes top recruiters such as – Infosys, Tata, Wipro, Johnson Controls, Accenture, Bosch, Tech Mahindra, Ramky Group, Raheja Developers, Syntel and Oracle.
The training and placement cell improves the chance of employability of students by equipping them with suitable training in sync with the industry needs. In the year 2018, out of 229 students who were eligible for placements, 157 students i.e. 68.56% got placed. The stream-wise percentage of recruitment of students in the year of 2018 is as follows:
|B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||98.5%|
|B.Tech. Information Technology (IT)||70.59%|
|B.Tech. Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (AEIE)||66.67%|
|B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)||72.73%|
|B.Tech. Electrical Engineering (EE)||51.02%|
|B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering (ME)||54.9%|
Read More: CEM Placement
CEM Kolaghat Scholarships
Various scholarship schemes and loan facilities are available based on either merit or need which are provided and accepted by College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat. The types of scholarships and loan facilities are as follows:
- West Bengal Free-ship Scheme (WBFS) – The college accepts WBFS schemes for a tuition fee waiver. Students can apply for this scholarship at WBFS Website. The eligibility for students who can apply to WBFS is as follows:
- Merit rank in State Level or National Level Entrance Examination
- Domicile of West Bengal state
- Family annual income should not be more than 2.5 lakhs p.a.
- Candidates already selected under Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme of AICTE and West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme are not eligible to apply under WBFS scheme.
- Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) Scheme of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme
- Half Free-ship Scholarship – The college has an option of half free-ship scholarship for students who are in need and desire for a scholarship but could not obtain any scholarship through other sources or schemes.
- Education loans from nationalized banks – The college assists students to obtain education loans from nationalized banks.
- Welfare Department of the Government, West Bengal – Assistance for scholarship of SC/ST students can be availed through the Welfare Dept. of the Govt., West Bengal.
- Education Loan Scheme of West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation – Assistance is provided through this scheme for students belonging to minority communities.
Read More: CEM Scholarship
CEM Kolaghat Facilities
Following are the facilities provided by the college to cater to the needs of the students:
- Hostel: The college offers separate hostel facilities for both girls and boys which are well-equipped. There are 4 hostels for boys (each hostel accommodating students of particular years) and 1 hostel for girls. There are 5 canteens in total – one in each of the fourth boys hostels and one in the girls hostel.
- Central Library: The college has an excellent air-conditioned open-access library with sufficient number of text books and reference books in different areas relevant to the fields of study. The library has access to many journals and computers with internet connections which can be utilized by students for research and to improve their knowledge in their respective fields.
- Sports & Gym: The campus has a dedicated space to facilitate various sports such as cricket, football, volleyball and basketball. Indoor games facilities are present in each common room which include table tennis, carrom-board, chess, rifle shooting arena and a badminton court. There is a moderate size gym with equipment for boys, and yoga center for girls to utilize according to their needs.
- Laboratories: There are different laboratories available in each department relevant to the respective areas of study which aid students to gain hands-on-experience learning during under-graduation.
- Hospital and other facilities: The hospital is adjacent to the college campus and is managed by Kolaghat Thermal Power Station. Services are provided to the students and staff members of the college with certain restrictions. Other facilities include bank, post-office and guest houses.
CEM Kolaghat Faculty
The faculty at College of Engineering and Management is well qualified in the field of engineering and technology and are committed to imparting strong foundations of knowledge in the students. The institute has dedicated professors working in commitment in each department. The details of professors in each department is given below:
|Department||Number of Professors|
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||12|
|Information Technology (IT)||9|
|Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (AEIE)||9|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)||8|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||12|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||10|
Read More: CEM Faculty
Ques. Is College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat a good college?
Ques. Are there any diploma and post-graduate courses available at College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat?
Ques. What is the fees structure of all courses at College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat?
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of physical admission in this college?
- Original & two copies of self attested 10thstandard Admit Card for proof of age.
- 6 copies of passport size & 2 copies of stamp size coloured recent photographs.
- Original and one set of Xerox copy of WBJEE-2018/JEE (Main) – 2018 Admit Card & Rank Card.
- Original and two copies of Provisional Admission Letter issued by Reporting Centre.
- Original and two self attested copies of 10thand 10+2 mark sheets.
- Original and one attested copy of Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Recent original Medical Fitness Certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner
- Recent Eye Test Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Undertaking (on 10 rupees non-judicial stamp paper) of student and parent/guardian separately duly authenticated by a notary public.
Ques. What is the course of Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering about?
Ques. Is there any relaxation for students having reservations?