Dumkal Institute of Engineering & Technology (DIET) was established in 2001. It is a pioneer self-financed institute located in West Bengal. The institute is spread over 26 acres of land and located at Dumkal, Murshidabad.
- This is approved by AICTE, New Delhi
- The institute is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT)
- DIET is accredited by TCS
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Applied Electronics & Instrumentation
- The library has a collection of 21500 national and international books and references. It also has subscribed lot of national and international journals.
- It is a member of DELNET for online documents.
- Institute has total about 450 computers with latest technology (Core 2 duo/ Dual core, 1/2GB DDR 2 RAM, 160 GB DD) in all departments.
- It provide the internet facility with 8 mbps leased line
- Institute provides the separate hostel facility for boys and girls. Institute has 4 hostels for boys and one for girls.
- The boys hostel AZAD Hall – 300 seats, TAGORE Hall- 300 seats, SIMANTA Hall- 148 seats and VIDYASAGAR Hall- 200 Students
- The girls hostel- ROKEYA Hall accommodation of 300 students.
- DIET provide the indoor and outdoor games facility and has a large play ground in the campus
- The outdoor games like- cricket, football and indoor games including chess, carom, table tennis etc.