The Government Engineering College, Idukki (GECI) was established in 2000 under the Directorate of Technical Education Government of Kerala.
- The college is affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kottayam and is approved by the AICTE
- College has a campus of 25 acres located in the hilly areas of kerala making it suitable location for academic pursuit
- College aims to impart quality education to students
- College offers 5 undergraduate and 4 post graduate programmes
- Admission in Undergraduate programmes are based on Common Entrance Test in Kerala and in post graduate programmes are based on GATE
- College is also under TEQIP phase 2
- Technical Association
- IPR CELL-Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) cell started functioning in the college from 5th of April 2011 with the main objective to create awareness among people on Intellectual Property rights
- English Club: college conducts club activities for improving soft skills of students
Library: Library has 12000 books. It also subscribes to 36 national journals, 36 international journals, 5 News papers and 9 periodicals .It also subscribe e-journal of IEEE.
Hostels: The College has five main Hostels - The Men’s Hostel – I for senior male students, The Men’s Hostel – II (Near SBT) for first year male students, Ladies Hostel for senior girl students, Staff Hostel and C7 Hostel.
Center for Engineering Research and Development: It is developed by Kerala Govt. as a platform for both students and faculty to pursue their interest in research in engineering.
EDUSAT interactive terminal: It was developed by ISRO in college to enable distant education.
Visiting Faculty Programme: Senior faculty from various renowned institutes like IITs come here deliver lecture on interesting current topics.
- Onam- was celebrated with clear show of cohesiveness among the students. Celebrated by staff by creating a beautiful pookalam.
- Independence Day- the day of freedom is celebrated with enthusiasm among all members.
- Annual Day
- AAGNEYA-It is techno-cultural fest organized by the students.