Government Engineering College was established in the year 2004. It is approved from AICTE.
- The institute is affiliated with Veer Narmad South Gujarat University (VNSGU), Surat and Gujarat Technological University (GTU), Ahmedabad.
- There are five Engineering disciplines Mechanical Engineering,Chemical Engineering Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering & Environment Engineering with total intake capacity of 420 students.
- The institute is located in the academic environment surrounded by B.K.M. Science College and govt. Polytechnic. Only 3 km. away from Valsad railway station and 2km. from tithal Sea beach.
- Admission in the College is given by Joint Admission Committee, Ahmedabad as per the Merit marks of 12th Science Exam & GUJCET Exam. Government of Gujarat has spent around 16 Crores rupees for the construction of the building and laboratory development.
- The students are well accepted by industries like ESSAR, Wipro, Atul chemical, Dipak nitrite and L&T.
Saptdhara: (Independence day celebration)
Various events were organized under Seven Bands of SAPTA DHARA during current year’s Independence Day celebration.
In the month of August, the program of SAPTDHARA envisioned by GTU swept the students creativity off to a different level.
The SAPTDHARA were divided into 8 bands, namely the Creative Band, Knowledge Band, Fine Arts Band, Dance and Music Band, Theatre Band, Sports and Yoga Band, Community Band and Videography and Reporting Band.
Class Room/ Tutorial
- Room Facilities 19 Class rooms 1611.275 sq. met.
- 08 Tutorial rooms 272.26 sq. met
- Laboratory Details 23 3444.67sq. met
- Departments 05
- No. of Titles 1120
- No. of Volumes 5378
- Total number of books 5378
- No. of Journals/Foreign Journals 64
- Number of books other than technical 752
At GEC, hostel is a “home away from home”. The hostel is with well furnished rooms with all the necessary facilities and amenities. The hostel is within the campus thus offers secured abode. The first aid facility is available within campus and a hospital is also located nearby. Institute offers separate hostel facility for boys and girls. There are total two blocks dedicated to Boys Hostel and One block dedicated for Girls hostel. Each hostel has spacious and well furnished rooms.
- Total Rooms for students : 80
- Total Students that can be accommodated : 243
- Total Rooms for students : 32
- Total Students that can be accommodated : 93