Akarapu Sharath Chandrika Devi Memorial College for Women - [ASM] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Akarapu Sharath Chandrika Devi Memorial College for Women was founded in the year 1975 as a Andhra Balika Arts & Commerce Degree College. The college is affiliated to Kakatiya University and approved with B++ grade by NAAC. The college offers Bachelor and Masters Programmes in the field of Arts and Science
- In 1978-79, the college introduced grant-in-aid for B.A., B.Com (General) courses with Telugu medium
- In 1997- 98, B.Com (Computers),B.Sc.,Computers,B.Com.(Tax) and Vocational course were started as self-financed courses
- In 2005-06, the college started M.Com, P.G. course with an intake of 30 students
- The college also offers Certificate Courses in Communication Skills in English, Medical Transcription & Multimedia and Animation
- NSS of the college has 2 wings with 200 volunteers. The officials of NSS guide the students through various activities in which the students perform with zeal. Activities like Voting Awareness rally, Blood Donation Camp etc are organized
- NCC of the college has 100 Cadets participates in many integration camps, regular camps and special camps under the supervision of a qualified A.N.O.
- The college also has gym facility, exercise bicycle and thread mill for the physical fitness of the students
- Various clubs are available in the college which organize workshops and seminars for solving problems of the college i.e. Career Guidance Cell , Jawahar Knowledge Center, Women's Cell and Grievance and Redressal Cell
The college has a spacious and well equipped library with 7500 books, 21 journals and various News Papers.
The college facilitates Computer Lab in 1000 Sq.ft. It has 30 computers with latest Pentium IV, Pentium Dual Processors with 2.8 G Hz speed, 512 MB, 1 GB RAM Capacities, 120 GB, 320 GB Hard Disks, 15 to 17" CRT and LCD Colour Monitors, Internet Keyboards and optical mouse.
The college has well- furnished and well equipped labs for experimentation and practical learning to the students
- English Lab is equipped with 30 computers, Audio Visual facilities like Headphones, Speakers, Projectors etc., to improve the Communication skills of the students
- Medical Transcription Lab is equipped with 30 computers, Audio Visual facilities like Headphones, Speakers Projectors etc. with the needed software for typing and listening
Ms-Dos, Windows 2000, Windows 2003 NT, Windows XP Operating Systems .Ms'Office-97, Ms Office-2000, Ms Office-XP, C++, Oracle, Java .Visual Studio, Net, SQL Server .Tally, Dbase, Lotus, Wordstar.
- Reimbursement of fee to BC, SC & ST Students
- Mess charges for BC students
- Mess charges for SC & ST students
- Scholarships to physically handicapped
- Muslim Minority scholarships
- Scholarships to children of Beedi Workers