Institute of Engineering and Rural Technology (IERT), Allahabad, a premier college of Uttar Pradesh was established in 1955. The Institute aims to have a very active interaction with the industry and has a mission to serve society by training professionals who can be leaders in innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity and management. The campus of college spreads over 26.5 acres of land. It has elegant buildings, beautiful landscaped spacious lawns and well laid roads. It is situated in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. It offers under graduate and post graduate Engineering courses.
- Approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Utter Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow
- In the year 1962 it became the institution of the State under Grant in Aid
- Recognized by U.P. Government
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics Engineering
- Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Department of Industrial Production Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
The institution houses two libraries: Main library and Reference library. With a collection of close to 40,000 books in addition to thousands of journals and theses, our library is reckoned as one of the best in town
The College provides separate hostel for boys and girls. A Spacious Hostel is situated close to the Institution Campus at the bank of Ganges.
The institute provides a huge auditorium with a seating capacity of 400-500 students. It has an effective light and sound system.
- Udbhav: This function is organized on 30th of October every year. The function comprises of Chief Guest Speech, vast range of musical and cultural events with college annual progress report in academics and curricular activities and prize distribution ceremony in the field of academics, sports and other successful students are rewarded for their contribution to the institute
- Technovation: It is the institute’s annual technical festival. It includes various events for the hungry mind and the lively heart. Students from various engineering colleges participate and win loads of prizes