Kanad Institute of Engineering and Management (KIEM), Durgapur was established in 2008. The college is run by the Ma Kalyaneshari Education Trust. The college has been named on the great Mathematician KANAD. KIEM, by virtue of its cutting edge quality of education, the uniqueness of its teaching-learning process and the continuous emphasis on the all round development of the students, has created a niche for itself.
- The institution is approved by AICTE
- It is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata
- It has ISO 9001:2008 certified institute
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Science & Humanities
- Library- The library has 40000 books and 3600 titles. The library has Book Bank facility that provides 6 books per students.
- Hostel- Institute provides separate hostel facility for boys and girls.
- Computer Lab- Institute has a well equipped and highly configured computer lab with 400 PCs and dedicated 6 Mbps lease line.
- Sports- Institute has indoor and outdoor games facility. It also has Multigym facility for boys and girls separately.