Laxmi Institute of Technology (LIT) was established in 2010. The institute is affiliated to Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad. LIT offers an undergraduate and a diploma in the field of engineering. It is located in Valsad, Sarigam, Gujarat.
Laxmi Institute of Technology (LIT) Highlights
Laxmi Institute of Technology (LIT) Courses
The college offers an undergraduate course and a diploma course in engineering. A brief about the same is listed below:
Bachelor in Engineering (BE)
Specialization: Automobile Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+2 (HSC) with a minimum of 45% in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/Computer and 40% for SC/ST/SEBC students.
- Obtained a valid score in GUJCET.
Duration: 4 Years
Fees (INR): 72,000
Diploma in Engineering
Specialization: Automobile Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
Eligibility: 10+2 (HSC) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
Duration: 3 Years
Fees (INR): 41,000
Note: The institute is going to start two new courses viz. Diploma to Degree Engineering (D2D) and Certificate to Diploma Engineering (C2D).
Check Laxmi Institute of Technology (LIT) Courses and Fees
Laxmi Institute of Technology (LIT) Admission
Admission is purely done on the basis of merit and marks secured in the GUJCET exam. A brief about the same is listed below:
- Fill the application form available on the website of the college.
- Merit list will be displayed on the website of the Admission Committee.
- Shortlisted candidates are required to obtain a print out of the Information letter and bank fee receipt copy.
- Payment to be made via online transfer through Debit/Credit Card/Net Transfer only.
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets.
- GUJCET Mark sheet.
- School Leaving or Transfer Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) Certificate.
- Certificate of Physical Disability, issued and duly signed by the Civil Surgeon/competent Medical Authority, in case the candidate is a Physical Handicapped.
- A copy of certificate of In Serviceman duly issued by the Commanding Officer of the respective unit in which he/she is serving.
- A valid certificate of income issued by the authority empowered by the State Government in this behalf (if applicable)
- Certificate of Ex-Serviceman, duly issued by the Director, Sainik Welfare Board, Gujarat State or by the District Sainik Welfare Officer.
- Photograph of candidate for other State/ other than Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary School Examination Board.
- Two passport photographs.
Check Laxmi Institute of Technology (LIT) Admission
Laxmi Institute of Technology (LIT) Placement
The institute has a Career Hub dedicated to strengthen the interaction between Institute and Industry. The purpose of the cell is to involve the industry’s input in the form of expert lectures, short-term training for faculty members, students, projects, laboratory development, sponsoring technical, non-technical events, placement.
Some of the frequent recruiters of the LIT are Ambuja Cement, Asian Paints, Toyota, Konark, LIC, FGC, Aarti Drugs Ltd., Aditya Birla Group, Blue Dart, Emami, UltraTech Cement and many more.
Laxmi Institute of Technology (LIT) Scholarship
The scholarship is provided by the Government of Gujarat. The scholarship amounts to 50% of the tuition fees. Listed below are the scholarships provided by the government:
- Post Matric Scholarship
- Mukhya Mantri Sahay Yojna (MYSY) (Merit-based scholarship)
- Scholarship for Minority Candidates
- Pragati and Saksham - ACPC Scholarship scheme for Girl Students and Scholarship to Differently Abled Students.
Features of the Scholarship
- Total number of Scholarship - 4000 per annum.
- Candidate must be admitted to 1st year of Degree/Diploma course.
- Two Girls Child per family whose family income is not more than 8 lakh per annum.
- Reservation Weightage:
- SC - 15%
- ST - 7.5%
- OBC - 27%