MCKV Institute of Engineering was established in 1999. The college is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology and Approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). It offers Bachelor and Master Programmes in Technology. It also offers MCA degree courses
- The college is ISO 9001:2008 certified
- The college is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation for CSE and ECE departments
- It has around 1500 students spread over six disciplines.
- The college is located in Howrah which is 16.4 kms from Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport and 5 kms from Howrah Railway Station and just under 1 km from Liluah Railway Station
- The institute has received ASSOCHAM 2014 award under the category of best achievements in the technical education
Percentage of Recruitment
Placement Statistics 2013-14:
No. of Placed
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Members of the FALCON team participated in virtual SUPRA SAE INDIA-2013 formula one racing car competition held at KIIT Bhubaneswar during 19th -22nd September 2013 and got 7th position in national level
- The Annual Project competition TECHNOTICA-2013 was held in 2013 where the students exhibited their talent in the technical era. The total event was sponsored by IET (UK)
- The off-road Robotics championship VAAHAN-2013 Was Held In October 2013
- Students Participation in Industry Projects such as Project on Android Application, ION Project etc.
- Swami Vivekananda Centre for Positive Thinking- Activities like The Endowment Lecture, Mental Health Promotion Awareness Camp, Lecture on “A Journey towards Science”, Special Programme on Youth Counselling & Mental Health Promotion Awareness Camp etc. are organised
- MCKVIE Rotaract Club- This club organizes activities like Friendship Day, Rota Soccer, Club Installation etc.
- Events and Programmes- The college organizes various programmes such as “ASCENT”, The Farewell Programme and “BALAKA”, The Freshers’ Welcome Programme
- The central library of the college has a rich coallection of more than 23,000 text books and 6000 e-Journals including 300 ELSEVIER Journals
- It is fully automated with Online Public Access (OPAC) facility.
- It has access to IEL Online which provides unlimited, full-text access to more than 2 million documents from over 1.7 million authors; 149 IEEE and IET journals, magazines and transactions
The college has 75 computers with Wi-Fi facility.
- UTOPIA, The Annual Cultural fest
- PRAGATI, The tech fest