Seacom Engineering College was established in 2006 in Howrah to impart higher education to the students in fields like Engineering, Management, and Computer Applications. The college offers Undergraduate courses like B.Tech or B.E in subjects like IT, Electronics and Computer Engineering, Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Marine Engineering, and Computer Science and Engineering. The college also offers postgraduate courses like MCA and MBA. The undergraduate students are shortlisted based on their Entrance Test JEE and WBJEE results. The students for M.C.A are shortlisted completely on merit-basis and the selection of MBA students is done based on their Entrance test named CAT or MAT results.
Seacom Group of Colleges is one of the trusted and growing educational conglomerates in Eastern India. The institute is located at Jaladhulagori, Sankrail, Howrah and established under a well known Trust “Seacom Marine College” of Kolkata which is actively involved in multifarious activities of Engineering, Management, B.Ed, Pharmacy and Maritime education with a high reputation for more than three decades. The Institution is affiliated to AICTE, DG SHIPPING, PCI, NCTE, MAKAUT, WBUTTEPA, WBPPE, WBSCTE&VE. The course curriculum of the Institute has a modern approach towards offering quality education with maximum industry orientation and more stress is given on maintaining national and international benchmark, aimed at imbibing the students with confidence and skill. The group has distinguished institutes are:
- Seacom Engineering College
- Seacom Marine College
- Seacom Management College
- Seacom B.Ed. College
- Seacom Pharmacy College
- Seacom Skills University
- Seacom Skill School
Read More: Seacom Engineering College Cut off
Seacom Engineering College Highlights
|Established | Type||2006 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Makaut Kolkata|
|Courses||UG and PG|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based and Entrance – Test|
|Accepted exam score||JEE, WBJEE, CAT, and MAT|
|Mode of conducting Entrance Test||Online|
|Principal||Dr. Parameshwar Dash|
Seacom Engineering College Courses
The institute offers Under-Graduate courses like B.Tech or B.E in 6 streams and Post-Graduate courses like M.C.A and M.B.A..
|Courses Name||Specializations||Eligibility Criteria and Duration|
|Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)||
||Eligibility- Must have good scores in JEE Mains and WBJEE. The student must have decent scores in the 10+2 level of at least 45% marks from a recognized institution. Duration- 4 Years|
|B.Sc||Nautical Science||10+2 with PCM with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks|
|BBA||Retail, Logistics||10+2 with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks|
|B.Ed||-||Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|D.El.Ed||-||Passed 10th with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|Masters||Computer Applications- 30 seats||Eligibility- Must have graduated from a recognized institution with min 45% marks. (Mathematics is the compulsory subject for selection) Duration- 3 Years|
|MBA||Marketing, HR, Finance, Systems||Eligibility- Must have good ranks in CAT or MAT. Must have graduated from a recognized institution with min 45% marks Duration- 2 Years|
Read More: Seacom Engineering College Fee Structure
Seacom Engineering College Admission
Admission of the Undergraduate program at Seacom Engineering College is based on the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Mains or West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE) and the MAT or CAT results for the MBA program.
How to apply?
- B. Tech candidates can get selected based on their WBJEE scores.
- The candidates are required to pay the counseling fee once they are registered at the WBJEE site.
- After the fee payment, the candidates can select their course choices.
- After getting their specialization subject, the candidates are required to submit their allotment letters to the institute and submit the remaining documents.
- M.C.A student once selected based on their undergraduate marks will submit the necessary documents and fees to the college.
- For M.B.A., the candidates are required to submit their CAT or MAT to the college based on which they will be shortlisted.
- The shortlisted candidates will face the GD round and the further personal interview based on which the final selection will be done.
Documents generally required for admission:
- Self-attested 10+2 Mark sheets along with Pass certificate.
- Certified copy of Residence
- Birth Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet (for M.B.A. and M.C.A students)
- WBJEE results
- CAT/MAT results
- Required set of photocopies.
- Final allotment letter (for M.B.A. and M.C.A students)
Read More: Seacom Engineering College Admission
Seacom Engineering College Placements
The college makes the placement arrangements for the students where the top companies like Tech Mahindra, Infosys, Indigo, CTS Corporation, HCL, ICICI Bank, Reliance Industries, Oracle and TCS, etc. visit the campus to recruit the candidates. Almost 70-80% of students every year get good placement in the top Multinational companies with high packages. The institution also focuses on taking the necessary steps to prepare its students for 100% placements.
- BTech: Although the single-core companies rarely visit the campus, the top IT Companies are always interested in recruiting a good number of B.Tech candidates. In 2019, 95% of students got placed on the campus with the highest package of INR 16lac/annum. The average package offered was INR 9lac/annum. Moreover, many companies also offered students with internship programs with good pay.
- MCA/ MBA: The top companies mentioned above-offered 18lac/annum to the students on the campus. The average package offered was INR 11.5lac/annum. The top companies offering jobs are Infosys, BOSCH Ltd, Wipro, RIL, Larsen & Toubro, and Eureka Forbes. Around 90% of the 2019 batch got placed on the campus. The internships with good pay are also offered to these students.
- Top Recruiters: Abdos Oil, AV Telecom, Union Bank, Systronic (India), Universal Educare, Rashmi Cement, Texmaco, Hitech, Flipkart, Reliance Jio, Birla Corp, Vikram Solar, Nirmal Wires, Hitachi, Tata Motors, TCS, National Construction, Jaypee Engineering, Daffodil Software, CTS, Shyam Group, Cognizant, Eureka Forbes, Motherson Sumi, GKT Tyres and many more.
- Learning Partner: Maruti Suzuki, Future Group, Sponsors and many more.
- Partner Universities: Near East University, Bezmialem Vakif University, North American University, Xian Jiaotong University, Yunnan Vocational College, Carleton University, Pandit Deen Dayal Petroleum.
Seacom Engineering College Scholarship
The college provides the students with scholarships and arranges for loan facilities also. There are also many scholarships provided by West Bengal which are allowed by the college. Moreover, the college is tied up with PNB bank and 2 other banks from where the students can avail loans at a minimum rate of interest.
Freeship: The scholarship offered by the college is named ‘Freeship' which they offer to the meritorious students. Based on the overall performance and academics, the students are offered this scholarship. The students required to sit for an entrance exam to avail of the scholarship. Further details are available on the official website of the college.
Seacom Engineering College Facilities
The college has a wide campus and other than the basic facilities, the college provides various other facilities to the candidates and the faculty members that they need on the campus. The facilities are as follows:-
- Seminar Hall: The hall is wide enough to hold around 200 students at once. It is fully air-conditioned and the Seminar Hall is well-equipped with LCD, microphones, projector and all other necessary items.
- Laboratory: Technical education is always incomplete without its practical application. Therefore, the college always maintained its laboratory with all the necessary facilities.
- Computer Centre: The college has a computer center where 60 pcs are installed for the time being. The students can use the computers for practical classes, project works, and for gathering other relevant information. The working hours of the center are from 10 am to 8 pm.
- Banking Facilities: Although the college does not have a bank branch in its campus, but the college is associated with many banks or the banking institutions that can aid the students with loans with minimum interest rate and necessary benefits.
- Hostels: For both boys and girls there are hostels on the campus that are well-maintained and well-equipped. The hostels are having their separate mess for the food arrangements. Mostly the rooms are designed with a bed, study table and wardrobe. The hostel committee also maintained high security for the safety of the students.
- Health Care Services: The health care center is designed inside the campus for the emergency hours of the students.
- Library: Libraries are always an important part of the infrastructure of any college. The Central Library of Seacom College is well-equipped, well-maintained with more than 30000 books, 4000 titles, more than 40 journals, and also the book bank facility. The library also possesses OPAC, CDs, Internet access, e-journals, and also a wide range of international books. The working hours of the college are 10 am to 8 pm and the students have access to the reading hall, reference section, and to the stack room between these hours.
Seacom Engineering College Faculty
Seacom Engineering College maintains high-standard in selecting their faculties. The faculties are dedicated to their values and their subjects of specialization. The faculties are always helpful and supportive of their students. Each department including the workshops is having more than 10 professors and 3 lab assistants. All faculties have renowned backgrounds and qualifications.
Read More: Seacom Engineering College Faculty
Seacom Engineering College FAQ
Ques. Does the college have a reservation quota during admission?
Ans. Yes, the college is having reservation quota for the SC/ST students Foreign Nationals, PIO, children of the workers in Gulf Countries. 15% of the seats are reserved for this category and the admission takes place as per the guidelines of AICTE.
Ques. Is Seacom Engineering College, Howrah a good college?
Ans. After considering the records of Seacom Engineering College, it can be stated that it is one of the reputed engineering colleges in India. The college provides students with a high-quality education, great faculties, and also good infrastructure. The college is having a good record of placement where almost 95% of students are placed every year. Therefore, it can be said that Seacom Engineering College, Howrah is a good college.
Ques. What is the Seacom Engineering College fee structure?
Ans. The fee structure is set by the management of the college as per the guidelines by the authorities.
Note: For a detailed fee structure, please refer to the official website of the college. Any changes in the fee structure will be notified on the official website.
Ques. Is there any other Quota for admission in this college?
Ans. Yes, there are quotas for admission. 80% of the students are admitted based on the Entrance Exam through Central Counseling. 10% of seats are filled by AIEEE. The remaining 10% of seats are filled by the Management Quota.
Ques. Does any cultural program take place in the college?
Ans. Yes, the cultural program takes place every year in Seacom Engineering College. There are different student bodies in the college which arranges many tech events and cultural events throughout the year.