Seemanta Engineering College has been a pioneer of technical education for the tribal-dominated region at Mayurbhanj in Odisha. It has granted knowledge and excellence to North Orissa and the other adjoining states of West Bengal and Jharkhand. The institute got established in the year 1977 by the Seemanta Mahavidyalaya Samiti which was founded by Late Shri Paresh Chandra Basa. It is affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela, Odisha and approved duly by AICTE, New Delhi and Government of Odisha. The institute's strong features include the beauty and bounties of nature in the foothills of the Simipal National Park with an exclusively diverse and exotic culture. The college provides for B.Tech, M.Tech and MCA courses in various disciplines along with other diploma degrees.
Seemanta Engineering College Mayurbhanj Highlights
|Approved by||AICTE, New Delhi, Govt. of Orissa|
|Affiliated to||Biju Patnaik University of Technology|
|Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA|
|Course duration||B.Tech: 4 years M.Tech: 2 years MCA: 3 years|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based, Entrance based|
|Entrance exams accepted||JEE Mains, OJEE, GATE|
|Facilities||Hostel, canteen, library, mess, transport, ambulance|
|Campus area||51 acres|
Seemanta Engineering College Mayurbhanj Courses
The institute provides both UG and PG courses in Computer Applications and Engineering along with several specializations and diploma degrees. Below are mentioned some of the courses imparted at the college:
|B.Tech||Civil, Computer Science, Electronics and Telecommunications, Mechanical, Electrical, and Electronics, Electronics, and Instrumentation Electrical||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with a minimum of 45% marks and JEE Mains merit rank
Duration: 4 years
|M.Tech||Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering||Eligibility: B.E. / B.Tech with a minimum of 50% marks and GATE merit rank
Duration: 2 years
|MCA||Computer Applications||Eligibility: Graduate in relevant field with a minimum of 50% marks
Duration: 3 years
Seemanta Engineering College Mayurbhanj Admission
The college offers admission to B.Tech, M.Tech, and Computer Application courses. The admissions are done on entrance exam merit marks while on percentage for MCA. The admissions are done in the stipulated time period and only for the applications received during the time.
How to Apply?
- Appear for the requisite entrance exams and receive merit rank.
- Log on to the college website and fill up the admission form. Upload all scanned documents and photographs and certificates.
- Pay the application fees and print the form and receipt.
- If shortlisted, your name will come on the merit list announced at the college website.
- Complete the admission process by paying relevant fees.
Seemanta Engineering College Mayurbhanj Placement
The placement cell of the college was established in 1997. The placement cell coordinates with the Continuing Education Programme to develop soft skills for the students. Some of the companies that have been coming forward for campus interviews are Sikka Group, Wipro, Syntel, HCL, and TCS. On average, students receive a salary between INR 2.4 to 4.5 lakh per annum.
Know more Seemanta Engineering College Placement
Seemanta Engineering College Mayurbhanj Scholarship
Financial assistance is provided to merit rankers and achievers in the form of scholarships which is based on certain criteria. 'Paresh Chandra Basa' Memorial Scholarships are made available to the students who are merit rank holders of O-JEE. Following are the details of the financial scholarship provided to O-JEE rank holding students per annum:
To B.Tech students:
- For students belonging to Mayurbhanj & Keonjhar, INR 30,000 is provided to those who secured rank from 01 to 2500.
- For all the other students who don’t belong to Mayurbhanj or Keonjhar and have secured rank from 01 to 4000, INR 20,000 is provided.
- From the rank of 4001 to 7000, the financial assistance of INR 10,000 is provided to the students.
To MCA students:
For all the other students seeking admission into the MCA course are provided with the following financial assistance irrespective of the OJEE rank:
- INR 22,000 for first-year students
- INR 20,000 for second-year students
- INR 20,000 for third-year students
Read more Seemanta Engineering College Scholarship
Seemanta Engineering College Mayurbhanj Facility
- Hostel: The institute provides for separate ventilating hostel rooms for both girls and boys
- Medical: Medical aid facilities are available along with 24-hour ambulance facility
- Library: 38 international journals, 55 national journals, and 50,000 text and reference books are made available at the library along with the membership to DELNET for access to online educational books and sites.
- Sports: Yoga center, gymnasium with the latest equipment, indoor and outdoor games. All are made available by the institute for the recreational activities of the students.
- The canteen facility is also available to the students with fresh snacks served with proper hygiene precautions.
Click here Seemanta Engineering College Hostel
Seemanta Engineering College Mayurbhanj Faculty
The institute has got a good number of teaching staff that help the students with their knowledge and experience regarding any difficulty or doubt. Dr. R. K. Chhotaray is the principal of the institute. The institute has got 80 faculty members in the teaching staff with:
- Professors: 9
- Lecturers: 21
- Associate Professors: 10
- Assistant Professors: 39
- Senior lecturer: 1
Seemanta Engineering College Mayurbhanj FAQs
Ques. What are the events being organized in Seemanta Engineering College?
Ans. Institute is an active place for regular blood donation camps in the Seemanta engineering college organized by the members of the Red Cross Society. The college also made a record of donating 501 bottles of blood in a single year in the year 2004. Also, 'Techno Sec' which is a quarterly news bulletin and 'Tech Beacon' which is an annual magazine are published by the college.
Ques. What is the fee structure for different courses in this college?
Ans. For the B.Tech course, the first year fees are around INR 64,000/-
For the M.Tech course, the first year fees are around INR 66,500/-
For the MCA course, the first year fees are around INR 66,000/-
Ques. How is the transport facility at Seemanta Engineering College?
Ans. The institute has got a fleet of vehicles for the convenience of its students which includes 1 SUV, 1 MUV, 5 buses, and ambulance service for medical emergencies. Also, there is a bus service available from Bombay Chhak to the campus and from Baripada to the campus. There is also a provision for a separate bus for the 1st year day scholar
Ques. What are the facilities provided by Seemanta Engineering College?
Ans. The College has formed a separate complaint cell for both anti-ragging and sexual harassment with dedicated and active members to help out the students through any inconvenience suffered by them.
Ques. Is a mess facility available along with the hostel facility?
Ans. Yes, a mess facility is available for hostel students and they are not allowed to bring food from the outside.