St. Thomas College of Engineering & Technology, Chengannur was established in 2010. The aim was to encourage their stakeholders to participate in lifelong learning through industry and academic interaction. It is situated in the Chengannur town of Alappuzha district in Kerala. The college offers B.Tech in 5 technology specializations. All programs are accredited by NAAC with a B+ grade and a CGPA of 2.58. Moreover, St. Thomas College of Engineering & Technology is approved by AICTE and affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University. Admissions to the college are done through Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM) entrance examinations.
STCET Chengannur Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2000 | Private|
|Accredited to||NAAC ‘B+’ Grade|
|Affiliated to||APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University|
|Intake||120 seats in total|
|Courses Offered||1 course in 5 specializations|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Campus Area||10.14 acres|
|Facilities||Computer Center, Central Library, Hostel, Language Laboratory|
STCET Chengannur Courses
The college offers B.Tech in 5 different specializations. Given below are the details of each specialization:
|B.Tech.||Civil, Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical, Electronics & Communication, Basic Science, Computer Science||Eligibility: Passed 10+2 from a recognized board or it’s equivalent with minimum 50% marks plus KEAM merit marks
Duration: 4 Years
STCET Chengannur Admissions
Admissions at St. Thomas College of Engineering & Technology, Chengannur are done through the merit of marks secured by the candidates in KEAM. The college provides admission to B.E courses in engineering like CSE, ENTC, Civil, Mechanical, and Basic Science departments of engineering.
|Bachelors of Engineering||KEAM entrance exam||Offline|
How to Apply?
- Appear for the KEAM entrance exam. A merit rank will be allotted on the basis of the marks.
- After successful allotment of seat, the candidate needs to visit the college for further admission process.
- The candidate must ensure certain documents that are required at the time of admission.
STCET Chengannur Placement
The college has been conducting placement interviews at their campus. Some of the companies coming for campus interviews are Cad Zephyr, Square arc, Agile, AR Construction.
The below table shows the placements done in the past few years:
|Academic year||Students placed||Average salary in INR|
Know more STCET Chengannur Placement
STCET Chengannur Scholarship
St. Thomas College of Engineering and Technology offers scholarships and concessions as offered by the government and also through AICTE. The college provides scholarships provided by AICTE and the government. Various scholarships like AICTE Fee waiver, government scholarships for students from scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, economically backward classes, and low-income groups are facilitated through the admin office of the college.
Read more STCET Chengannur Scholarship
STCET Chengannur Facilities
St Thomas College of Engineering & Technology provides a lot of facilities for the students to ease their college life. The facilities provided by the college are mentioned below:
- Computer Center: Computer center is a part of the college campus that offers latest computer hardware as well as software. There are 270 computer workstations in total.
- Central Library: A large number of books are available at the central library of the college. The library covers an area of 725 sq. m. There are 8000 volumes with 2245 titles and 1500 e-journals. 150 students can sit at a time in the library.
- Hostel: The college campus consists of separate hostels for boys & girls for the purpose of accommodation which is well furnished as well as comfortable.
- Language Laboratory: Students, as well as staff, can work on their reading skills and speaking skills at the lab. It improves the communication skills of students.
Know more STCET Chengannur Hostel
STCET Chengannur Faculty
The faculty at St. Thomas College of Engineering & Technology consists of 63 well-trained staff, out of which 55 are Assistant Professors. Each department also consists of a HOD or an Associate Professor.
- Principal: Dr. Santhosh Simon
- Professor: 3
- Associate Professor: 5
- Assistant Professor: 55
Read more STCET Chengannur Faculty
STCET Chengannur FAQs
Ques. Are there any transportation facilities provided for students?
Ques. What are the different departments in the college?
Ques. Is the canteen facility provided on the college campus?
Ques. How to apply for college?
Ques. Are there sports facilities available at the college campus?