Bhavan's Vivekananda College was started by Kulapathi Dr. K. M. Munshi on 7th November 1938 with blessings of Mahatma Gandhi. Presently, the college is well known for providing quality education & for creating people who are serving to nation.
- At present, it has upto 367 constituent institutions, 119 centers in India & 8 centers overseas.
- About 22,000 members have committed themselves to the Bhavan's ideal "Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam" (The World is One Family) and lives by its code.
- It provides outstanding infrastructure along with dedicated & experienced faculty members which lays emphasis on providing best holistic education standards.
- It has an impressive list of alumni around 6000 in almost all fields comprising education, defence, cooperate sector, Theatre, entertainment & sports.
- Bhavan’s Vivekananda College is stretched out over an area of 10 acres.
- Trees and the greenery around ensure a calm environment for the staff & students.
- It has four distinguished blocks named the Commerce block, Science block, the IT block & the department of management.
- There are well furnished classrooms in these blocks that house all our classes comfortably.
- All the necessary laboratory equipment’s are available for imparting practical knowledge.
- A computer lab with full internet connectivity is available.
The college is imparting education at undergraduate & postgraduate level having various departments like:
- Department of Physics & Electronics
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Botany, Genetics & Bio-Technology
Research & Development cell:-
Research & Development cell in college was started in 2005 with the main aim of encouraging faculty to do research, publish research data in various journals & magazines & to participate in numerous workshops, seminars & conferences.
Research projects of the college:
Project cost(in lakhs)
Studies on cold active pectinases from diverse sources.
Screening and evaluation of Phytochemicals for quorum quenching activity against pathogenic bacteria.
"Identification and possible role of 5, 6-leukotrienes in sheep uterus".
"Study on the effects of natural antioxidants on calcineur in activity".
Metabolism of arachidonic acid in the sheep uterus: Effect of Estradiol-17β
Research publications of the College (Last 5 years):
National journals – refereed papers
- NCC:NCC instills in the youth a sense of motivation & nationalism that helps to build the strong enthusiasm in students to serve the nation. It also aims at promoting cultural skills so as to maintain the moral values & traditions of the society.
- NSS (National Service Scheme):The NSS unit in college was started up in 2004 with the main objective of enrolling maximum students so as to perform all the activities of the NSS.
Clubs & Societies:-
- XPRESSIONZ the students club, basically work to inspire the students in Literary & the Cultural Activities- 'for the students and made by the students'. This club encourages students to participate in debates, Essay writing & story narrations.
- VOICE Commerce club- Vivekananda Organization for Innovative and Challenging Entrepreneurs
- Every year, the club organizes numerous activities like Business Quiz, Mr. & Ms.VOICE, Situation Analysis, Turncoat, Poster presentation, Micro Presentation, Ad Marksmen etc. where the students participated enthusiastically.
Women Cell: The women cell in college was started to instill the self-confidence & self-independent skills in students & the staff. It also aims at nurturing effectual thinking qualities in students like Employment, Education & health related awareness. Additionally, it also promotes sports & cultural activities for all- round development of students.
Gre Energy Activities
- The Gre Energy club of the Department basically organized a pollution check campaign in the campus to educate vehicle owners on the importance of pollution control.
- The Abhyaas club provides a platform to the students to enhance their skills efficiently for serving to nation.
Library:It has two well-maintained libraries along with impressive collection of books which include reference books, periodicals & text books. The library is fully computerized having access to internet.