National Institute of Oceanography (NIO), Goa was established in the year 1996. The autonomous institute of research is one of the 37 research laboratories of the CSIR. The institute offers various integrated, Post - graduate and Doctorate programs in Science and Engineering. Candidates seeking admission can apply for courses online through the official website.
NIO Goa Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1996 | Public|
|Courses Offered||Integrated, PG, Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance based|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
NIO Goa Courses
The institute offers various courses at the UG, PG & Doctoral courses. The detailed summary of the same has been listed in the table below:
|M.Sc. + PhD||
|B.Tech + M.Tech||
Read more: NIO Goa Courses and Fees
NIO Goa Admission
Admission to this Institute is based purely on merit and to secure admission in the college you need to meet the basic eligibility criteria of the courses.
Applicants need to clear UGC-NET/ JRIF followed by interviews for Ph.D. and M. Tech+ Ph.D. admission. Admissions to this college are done in online mode only.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official admission portal of CSIR
- Once you open the website, you will need to follow two phases
- First – Sign Up
- Once you sign up AcSIR Online Admission Portal, Candidates will be receiving an auto-generated mail, which will provide you with your login Id and credentials.
- Furthermore, a link will be provided along with this mail which will redirect you for the further admission process
- Complete the form as instructed and upload relevant documents as applicable.
- Once you are done with this procedure, An AcSIR Application Number (AAN) will be given to you. This has to be kept carefully, for future reference between you and the organization.
- Candidates are thereby, requested to take a print out of the Admission Receipt with their AcSIR Application Number (AAN).
Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews and the decision of selection of the candidate will be based on their performance.
NIO Goa Facilities
- Hostel: The institute provides hostel accommodations to its selected candidates. Those who apply for hostel facilities will have to make their reservations on first come first basis. The hostel is well-equipped with a 24-hour water supply and power. Furthermore, candidates need to note that securing admission does not guarantee hostel accommodation.
- Sports: Various sports and recreational activities are conducted for the students to maintain their physical and mental health which is an imminent point in this profession.
- Medical Facilities: The institute is equipped with top-notch medical services and equipment along with basic first aid assistance whenever required.
- Library: The institute provides a bunch of books, journals, documentaries, tapes, recording, and test papers that serve as a reference and stay material.
- Canteen: The college offers a canteen facility where students can unwind after a long day and have a wide variety of meals at an affordable price.
- Auditorium: The institute has an auditorium which is used for all kind of educational and cultural gatherings.
Read more: NIO Goa Hostel
NIO Goa FAQs
Ques. What to do if I have not received my login credentials?
Ques. Is there any Application fee for Online Admission?
Ques. Can a Candidate fill more than one application for a single program?
Ques. As my preference, how many Institutes can I apply for?
Ques. Does the candidate need to send a hard copy of the application form to CSIR Office?
Ques. Will, I need to visit the Individual CSIR Labs or Institutes for my Interview?