GLA Institute of Business Management, GLA University, Mathura was established in 2006 by Sri Jagannath Prasad Ganeshi Lal Bajaj Charitable Trust Samiti under the president ship of Shri Narayan Das Agrawal to fulfill the vision of making Mathura a well known destination in the field of education.
- It is accredited by U.G.CÂ and the courses are approved by AICTE, Ministry of H.R.DÂ Govt. of India.
- The college has been chosen by IBM as their Centre of Excellence. IBM in association with GLA University trains students on various IBM tools and skills.
- It has been declared Most Promising Institute"Â by Brand Academy based on extensive market research conducted by BIG Brands Research on the basis of infrastructure, faculty, annual growth, placements, feedback from industry & alumni.
- Their mission is impart quality education at both the undergraduate and post-graduate levels, to conduct research and to provide consultancy and extension services as per current and emerging socio- economic needs
- It has a training and placement department to facilitate placement. Some of the companies visiting the campus for placement are Mahindra, iGATE, L&T InfoTech, Lurgi, Escorts, India Bulls, HDFC Bank, Larsen and Turbo Limited, ICICI Life Insurance, Axis Bank, Kongsberg, Emerson, Polaris, Lilly, Infopro, Daikin and Blue Star.
Research:-Â The institute lays emphasis on research activities and encourages students as well as faculty to take part in research projects. For this purpose it has constituted a research promotion cell. In addition to fundamental research students and faculty can take up R & D projects where they get opportunities to tackle live problems.
- The institute is awarded as Star Performer of the year 2009 and always stood among top 10 institutions in U. P.
- The educational establishment has bagged academic excellence award in the year 2008 & 2009 by the Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow for its excellent performance in the state.
- DueÂ to the instituteâ€™s excellence in promoting global integration & economics development it was awarded International Gold Star Millennium AwardÂ
Extracurricular and Co-Curricular activities:-
- Career Shapers: The Human Resource club for organizing mock skits, group discussions, extempore, interviews, etc.
- Brand Builders: The Marketing Club which is responsible for organizing activities like wide range of product development techniques, presentation on famous entrepreneurs, role playing on rural marketing.
- Number Crunchers: The Finance club organizing several discussions on union budgets, financial quizzes, etc.
- Globe Trotters: The IB Club which is involved in activities like identifying the brand quiz, role playing etc.
- Social activities include making the villagers familiar with daily banking activities and making them understand the importance sending their children for education etc.
- Carom Club
- Chess Club
- Art Club
- Dance Club
- Nature Club
- Cricket Club
- Yoga Club
- Literary Club
- Dance Club
- Quiz Club
Library:Â The institute has a well stocked departmental library for management students which spread over an area of 1400 square meters and has a seating capacity of over 150 studetns.
- The library has a great collection of more than 20,000 books along with 140 online journals, 1,984 titles, 50 periodicals which include 13 international and 37 national, 17 magazines and 4 news papers.
- It also has facility of Delnet and Open Public Access Catalogue.
- Management department has fully equipped 3 computer lab with LAN facility (6 Mbps)Â
- The numbers of computers are 210.
- The system software used is Windows XP and application software used are Ms-office 2007, Prowess, SPSS, Adobe Reader, etc.
- There are other hardware like printers of HP LaserJet and scanners of Cannon all in one, HP Scanner. There are also 18 LCD projectors.
- Inside the campus there is a dedicated IBM lab where both faculty and students can get themselves trained on the latest technologies based on IBMâ€™s industry demands. Some of the courses are TDS, WID, DB2, RAD, RFT, LOTUS and COGNOS.
- Spandan: The annual inter college competition, cultural and sports
- Tech fest: Annual tech festival of the Institute
- Annual Fest: The show organized and managed by the students.
Scholarships:-Â GLA Institute of Business Management rewards students with scholarships for their hard work and sincerity. Scholarships are available for students with academic excellence and extraordinary sports achievements.