Ambah Post Graduate College was established in the year 1959 by Smt Indira Gandhi, the then President of Congress Party and the Ex-Prime Minister of India. The college is affiliated to the Jiwaji University, Gwalior. The college offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Research Programmes in the field of Arts, Science, Commerce and Computer Application
- The college has given the autonomous status in 1989 by the University Grants Commission and approved by the State Government
- The College is ranked amongst the best few institutions of M.P
- The campus consists an area of 5.1 acres and nestled with academic departments, class rooms, computer centre, community centre and other buildings along with sports facilities
- The college is located in Ambah well connected with road. Nearest airport is located in Gwalior which is 75 kms away from Ambah. Easiest way to get to Ambah is by reaching Morena by train and then from Morena to Ambah by road
- NSS- NSS of the college has 2 wings. Volunteers of NSS participates in plantation work in the campus, adult education awareness camps etc.
- NCC- The college has two wings of NCC- boys' wing and girls' wing.Cadets participate in many camps and activities
- Red Cross Society- In Red Cross Society camps and meetings are organized to create awareness about diseases like HIV, Hepatitis B etc.
The college has an area of 2450sq.ft. and well equipped with:
- 40,442 Books, 10 Journals and 2007 Reference Books
- Seating Capacity of 40 students
- INFLIBNET facility with the installation of SOUL 2 software
There are 134 computers in the campus with BSNL connectivity.
The college has girl hostel facility. Hostel can accommodate over 100 students.