Handique Girls College was established in 1939 for women’s’ education in Assam. The college offers graduation and post-graduation courses to the students in the Science and Arts stream. It also offers a PGDCA program for students having an interest in Computer Applications. Handique Girls College is approved by AICTE and is affiliated to Guwahati University.
Handique Girls College Guwahati Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1939 | Private|
|Approved by||Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Assam|
|Affiliated to||Guwahati University|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
Handique Girls College Guwahati Courses
The college offers higher secondary courses in Science and Art stream, Graduation in Arts and Science stream, Masters in various subjects along with BCA and PGDCA. Some of the courses are mentioned below:
|B.A.||English||Eligibility: 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying entrance examination
Duration: 3 years
|PGD||Computer Applications||Eligibility: Passed graduation with BCA
Duration: 1 year
Click here Handique Girls College Courses and Fees
Handique Girls College Guwahati Admission
Students seeking admission to Handique Girls College must pass the qualifying exam with an aggregate of 45% marks. Selection is based on the merit qualifying marks scored by the students in the entrance examination. The application process for admission is offline and the students seeking admission shall have to follow the offline procedure for the admission.
How to Apply?
Below are mentioned the main steps involved in taking admission at the college:
- Visit the college campus and collect the admission form from the office by paying the application fee in the offline mode.
- Submit application form for only one stream.
- Fill all required details like academic details, personal details, highest qualification.
- Submit all the necessary documents along with the photocopy of the mark sheet of previous higher education.
Handique Girls College Guwahati Placement
Students studying at Handique Girls’ College are offered various jobs at well renowned MNCs. They also get paid internships during the course which helps them in getting exposure in the corporate world. Teachers help the students in enhancing their skills and getting the best job for them. Various seminars are organized by companies which help the students in enhancing their skills for the corporate world. Not many placements have happened in recent years:
|Academic year||Students placed||Average salary INR|
Know more Handique Girls College Placement
Handique Girls College Guwahati Scholarship
Handique college provides different aids and scholarships to assist economically underprivileged students as well as to motivate them for higher studies. Such assistance is given annually to deserving students depending upon the availability of funds. To avail the scholarship, students will have to apply to the Principal with a certificate from a prominent citizen of the Locality. Below given is a list of various scholarships that the students can avail.
- Isha Uday Scholarship: Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has taken special interest to promote higher education in the North Eastern Region, and launched a special scholarship program in 2014-15.
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children of Arunachal Pradesh: It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India. It covers professional, technical as well as non-professional and non-technical courses at various levels including correspondence courses covering distance and continuing education.
Besides that the Handique college dispenses various State and Central Government Scholarships such as National Merit, State Merit, and Scholarship for physically Handicapped, and Hindi Scholarship for students of Non-Hindi origin. It also extends scholarships for sports, academic excellence and aids the students from SC/ST/OBC/MOBC category by giving scholarships and prizes.
Read more Handique Girls College Scholarship
Handique Girls College Guwahati Facilities
Handique Girls’ College provides many facilities to its students. These facilities help in the overall development of the students in terms of academic as well as extracurricular activities. Some of the available facilities are as follows:
- Computer Center: The college has an air-conditioned Central Computer Center with 32 modern sets with a high speed 50 Mbps broadband line provided by AMTRON under ASWAN Project. Both students and faculty use this facility. The Computer Centre is also used for conducting classes for the students of B.Sc & M.Sc. Zoology & Botany students.
- Cafeteria: The college cafeteria provides both vegetarian and nonvegetarian food. It provides high quality and diverse food. It caters to the canteen requirements on the college campus. It also provides a UV treated filtered drinking water setup along with water coolers.
- Hostel: Handique Girls’ College has its own hostel situated at the heart of the city on the eastern bank of Dighalipukhuri, Guwahati. It has first aid, running water, water dispenser, safe drinking water facility. It provides full security, refrigerator, television, hygienically prepared vegetarian, and non-vegetarian food.
- Library: The college has a modern computerized library. Book-bank facilities are also offered to needy and deserving students who may borrow books for the whole academic session. The departmental libraries maintained by both Arts and Science departments provide additional help to students and teachers in their academic pursuits.
Click here Handique Girls College Hostel
Handique Girls College Guwahati Faculty
The faculty of Handique Girls College facilitate the students in sponsored projects. The college has had 10 projects in the past 3 years. The staff are either qualified at Masters level or are Ph.D. qualified as well. Each department has a HOD along with an Associate or Assistant professor.
- Professor: 2
- Associate Professor: 33
- Assistant Professor: 60
- Lecturer: 2
Handique Girls College Guwahati FAQs
Ques. Does the college provide admission for students not belonging to the North East?
Ans. Yes, Handique Girls’ College provides admission to students from all around India.
Ques. Does the college have a reservation quota during admission?
Ans. Yes, reservation quota is there during the admission process. As per government guidelines, there are 15% seats for OBC, 7% for SC, 10% for ST(P) and 5% for ST(H)
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission?
Ans. Documents required at the time of admission are mark sheets, photographs, Caste certificate, Reservation certificate, disability certificate, bank account, domicile certificate as per the case.
Ques. Does the college provide a scholarship and When can I apply for the scholarship?
Ans. Yes, Handique Girls’ College offers scholarships to the students and they need to apply during the admission in the first semester.
Ques. What are the other facilities provided by the Handique Girls’ College
Ans. Handique Girls’ College provides NSS and NCC for students seeking interest in extracurricular activities and physical fitness.