Harish Chandra Post Graduate College is a Government College which was established by Bharatendu Harishchandra, in the year 1866, as a high school. In 1951, it was upgraded to an undergraduate college. The college is located in Varanasi and is affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi and duly recognized to UGC and AICTE. The college has also got NAAC accreditation. The closest stations to it are the Mughal Sarai and the Varanasi stations. By stepping ahead varied stages of development, the college now offers five full-fledged faculties of Arts, Commerce, Science, Education, and Law, where students can catch up different subjects at UG and PG levels.
Harish Chandra Post Graduate College Quick Updates
April 3: Ph.D (Mathematics) Registration Deadline has started. Last Date to Apply is April 30. Click Here to Apply
Harishchandra PG College, Varanasi Highlights:
Type of Collge
Harish Chandra Vidyalaya Samiti
Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Commerce
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Law
Faculty of BBA
Faculty of BCA
Varanasi - 221001
Uttar Pradesh, India
Harishchandra PG College, Varanasi Courses:
The college offers various courses at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels such as B.A., B.Com, B.Sc., BCA, BBA, B.Ed., LL.B., M.A., M.Com, M.Sc., M.Ed., under many specializations and distinguished annual intake.
- Admissions to all UG & PG level courses are done on the basis marks obtained by the aspirants in the entrance test conducted by the college.
- Admission to B.Ed. program is conducted by the entrance exam taken by the authorized University of U.P. Government.
Get detailed information on Harishchandra PG College Fee Structure
Harishchandra PG College, Varanasi Facilities:
- Central Library: The college provides a good collection of academic and supporting study material through its central library holding a good supply in the same context with a separate reading room which can accommodate 70-80 students at a time.
- Computer Center: The computer center at the college holds a number of 15 computer systems having broadband internet facility which is worthfully used by the students, scholars, and the faculty members.
- Sports Facility: The college has provisions of sports and games to keep a healthy environment among the students so that they can concentrate well in their academic years, far away from any unwellness. Numerous extra-curricular activities are organized throughout the year and the participation in intercollegiate events are encouraged by the students.
- Exclusive 3 year LLB course: Harish Chandra Post Graduate College is one of the few colleges which have a 3 year LLB course, established in 1958.
- Diplomas available in tourism, Journalism and library science- the UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University center provides students the infrastructure to get professional diploma degrees in these disciplines.
- Opportunity to work in NCC- A dedicated NCC unit is there in the college under the aegis of Capt. P.K. Pandey for grooming students into responsible citizens.
- NSS schemes- There are 4 NSS units in the college for the benefit of students.