Lt Col Shashikant Gawde College of Education aims at training qualitative, apprised and dedicated teachers who would look after the all-round development of the future stakeholders of the country. It believes education is a concoction of academics and ethics which would help a person to become an able denizen of the country.
Facts and Figures of Lt Col Shashikant Gawde College of Education, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
Mrs. Vedanti Sawant
National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)
Bachelor of Education (1 year)
How to Reach(Campus)
Via N. H. 204
Why to Join Lt Col Shashikant Gawde College of Education, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra?
- Infrastructure: Spacious classrooms, playgrounds, gyms, mess, computer centre with more than 500 workstations installed with the latest configurations, Wi-Fi campus including the hostels with a 10-Mbps leased line, and generators to avoid the problem of frequent power shedding are the trademarks of the institution. The college is also planning for a health club and a swimming pool for its students.
- Library cum Reading room: The College has a well furnished, air conditioned library which opens up to its students from wee hours to late in the evening and has been stocked with wide variety of books and journals (national and international).
- Laboratories and Workshop: The College has got well-set laboratories and workshops for different course subjects to enable its students gain a thorough practical knowledge.
- Solar Heated Water: To enable an environment-friendly campus, the college authorities have taken the initiative to use solar panels to provide hot water to all hostel bathrooms.
- Hostel: Hostels are allocated to all the students pursuing their degree from the college. It provides all the basic amenities like 24*7 water and electricity supply along with an in campus shopping centre.
- Canteen: The college has three canteens at different section of the college, including an exclusively girls canteen to provide a refreshing break in between classes.