Kamala Nehru Memorial National College for Women is the brainchild of the National Education Society which was established by noted philanthropists and freedom fighters residing in the Shimoga District. This degree college is emblematic of the founders’ thrust on the education and empowerment of women, with its foundation stone laid in 1965 by legendary freedom fighter Shri. Lal Bahadur Shastri.
- Poet laureate Rashtra Kavi Kuvempu inaugurated the college building in 1975.
- The college is affiliated to Kuvempu University.
- Located at K. T. Shamaiah Gowda Road, Shivamogga, Karnataka and easily accessible through both rail and road networks. .
Facts and Figures of Kamala Nehru Memorial National College for Women-
No of courses running
Undergraduate courses- 12
No of Companies Visited
Total No of students Placed
The college collaborates with several governmental bodies and organizations. These include:
- University Employment Bureau- Organization of a joint career and job exhibition
- Cambridge Solutions- MOU with regard to placements
- Rotary- Job programmes and corporate outreach
Multiple scholarships are offered at KNMNC. The list of scholarship benefits is given below:
- For children of freedom fighters
- Govt. Of India education loans
- For communities that are backward/underprivileged
- For those who are physically challenged
- For students belonging to scheduled castes or tribes
- For students studying Urdu
- For students who choose Kannada as an option
- University Endowment Scholarships
- Kannada Culture Department Scholarships
- For children of former service men
Why to Join Kamala Nehru Memorial National College for Women?
- Industry exposure: The placement cell has tie-ups with the University Employment Bureau, Rotary and other organizations with regard to placements, campus selections, job and career exhibitions and more. An MOU has also been signed with a leading BPO in this regard.
- Special grooming sessions and seminars: The college organizes regular grooming sessions, seminars, conferences and guest lectures for students where issues like physical grooming, communication skills, presentation skills and corporate dressing are addressed.
- Multiple social work opportunities: The college has thriving NSS and NCC programmes which involve awareness programmes, camps, treks, village adoption, blood donation and many more outreach activities.
- Unique student oriented programmes: The college regularly organizes special interactive programmes for students including sessions with achievers from various fields and workshops for upgrading learning skills.