Akal Degree College for Women is the only institution operating at such a big scale in the region. Being a girl’s college with a good reputation, the college aims to be among the best in providing graduation and post graduation courses. This institution provides certification in textile designing, computer application etc. One of the very proud aspects about this institute is that majority of the girls students here hail from rural areas.
Facts & Figures of Akal Degree College for Women, Sangrur, Punjab
Punjabi University, Patiala
Computer Lab Capacity
Why join Akal Degree College for Women, Sangrur, Punjab?
1. Scholarship for the deserving ones: The college showcases deep concerns for girls who cannot afford their education yet want to pursue it. There are two scholarships namely Metric Scholarship Scheme and Low Income Group Scholarship that is attributed to students in order to facilitate their education.
2. Best available Amenities and Campus – The campus is widespread with spacious buildings. Apart from the academic centre, there is a huge hall for gathering, a student’s centre, a canteen, cycle stand etc. Apart from the airy class rooms the college has well built computer labs, laboratories which are equipped with lab instruments and essential materials, library with all the essential reference materials.
3. Ventilated and spacious Hostel Accommodation – With students pouring in from neighboring and other regions the college campus has hostel facility for over 200 students. The hostel has all the basic modern amenities as needed by the students along with a well set canteen and also solar water heater provision for hot water supply.
4. Experienced and Qualified Faculty – The faculties here are also the mentors of the students. Their main aim is to hunt out the student’s potential, nurture and develop their skills. The faculties of the college, with the years of experience they have, provide students with specialized knowledge of the subjects they have mastered in. The college pushes students towards continual improvement in academics and research.
5. Boosting physical fitness with Sports and Extracurricular activities – The college curriculum though emphasizes on providing students with good academics, it also includes a host of events and activities for students. Co-curricular activities like cultural events, sports competitions and similar other activities are held at regular intervals to entertain, refresh and motivate students. Many a time’s students display such amazing talents that are hard to believe.