Vasavi College of Engineering (VCE) is a self-financed technical institution founded in 1981 by Vasavi Academy of Education.
It owes its vision to Sri Pendekanti Venkata Subbaiah, a veteran statesman of Independent India. Vasavi College of Engineering has shown a tremendous excellence in imparting technology education. It is affiliated to Osmania University & accredited by the National Board of Accreditation.
- The college is offering six UG with total sanctioned intake of 600 and 6 PG programs and MCA with total sanctioned intake of 156
- The college is home to 2300 students, 170 faculty & 100 support staff
- Around 150 faculty members are involved in research, teaching and industrial consultancy
- Located at Ibrahim Bagh, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Vasavi College of Engineering mainly focuses on providing high quality standard of education & has been set a mark over the years for imparting excellent education
- The college has a sprawling campus in 13.6 acre of land with lush lawns, lovely landscape & avant-garde infrastructure
R & D Projects
R & D Cell co-ordinates sponsored research, combines research and industrial consultancy projects at VASAVI College of Engineering. A few of the major ones are listed below:
• Structural Testing and Analysis lab
• Center for Geometrics
• Robotics and automation lab
• Embedded design lab
• VLSI Design Centre
Over 40 reputed companies visit the campus every year & recruit eligible students from the campus.
Placement statics are given below:
No of students with 1 Offer(s)- 304
No of students with 2 Offer(s)- 157
No of students with 3 Offer(s)- 67
No of students with 4 Offer(s)- 33
No of students with 5 Offer(s)- 6
Net Selection- 440
CSE, IT, EEE, ECE, Mech
CSE, IT, EEE, ECE, MCA
Mahindra & Mahindra
For deducing the academic pressure of students, the college organizes various events throughout the year which fulfill the social, cultural, emotional & creative needs of its students. Some of the student clubs are
• Speak Easy (Public Speaking)
• Kirdar (Dramatics)
• Flamencos (Music Club)
• Student chapters of IEEE, ISTE, ACM and CSI
• Sports Club
- Euphoria: The annual cultural festival of the College is held in spring. The festival goes for about two days
- Acumen: It is a three day festival which seeks to achieve communication of innovative ideas that promote the cause of the technological advantage among the students
The college has wide networked centralized computer centre which was established in 1995. It has around 942 computer systems in its all departments.
- Leased line internet connectivity of 30 mbps.
- Various servers – Windows server, Oracle database server, Linux server, QEEE Server & NPTEL Server are present in the lab
The College provides well stocked library to the students
• The central library has a floor area of 2977 Sq.Mtr
• It has 11,335 titles and 94,015 volumes
• The college is subscribing to 104 National & 6 International journals
• It has an online subscription of IEEE, ASME, ASCE, and DELNET
• 3rd ranking in the State by Govt. in 2012
• 32nd in the country (source: Hindustan Times on 24th June 2009)
Saroja Rajanna Scholarship Program sponsoring 1 scholarship for economically needy & academically performing student, with Rs. 3500 for a period of 1 year.