Vasavi College of Engineering (VCE) is an autonomous self-financed institute established in 1981. It is affiliated to Osmania University and is accredited by the NBA. According to NIRF Ranking 2020, the institute is ranked at 187th out of 300 in India and 12th in Hyderabad for B.Tech. It offers B.E.at the UG level and ME, M.Tech, MCA at the PG level. Reputed companies offer high salary packages to the students of this institute in the placement drive.
Vasavi College of Engineering Important Date
|GATE Exam Dates||05 Feb - 14 Feb, 2021|
Vasavi College of Engineering Highlights
|Type of institute||Private (Autonomous)|
|Courses offered||UG, PG|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance-based|
|Entrance Exam Accepted||EAMCET, GATE, PGECET, ICET|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
VCE Hyderabad Courses
The Vasavi College of Engineering provides the following courses at the UG and PG level:
|BE||Computer Science & Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology||
|BE (Lateral)||Computer Science & Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology||
|ME||Advanced Manufacturing & Mechanical System Design, Communication Engineering & Signal Processing, Embedded System & VLSI Design, Power Systems & Power Electronics||
|M.Tech||Computer Science & Engineering||
Read more: VCE Hyderabad Courses and Fees
VCE Hyderabad Admissions
At Vasavi College of Engineering, there is an “Admission Committee” who regulated the admission enrolments for the UG & PG level courses. The following are the admission criteria for the courses:
- BE Admission: 70% of the seats of B.E. are allotted based on the candidate’s rank on TS-EAMCET. The remaining 30% of seats are fulfilled by the management quota. Admission to B.E. (Lateral) is based on candidate’s scores on TS-ECET
- BE (Hons) Admission: Admission to BE (Hons) is based on merit in BE programme.
- ME Admission: 70% of the seats of M.E. are allotted based on the candidate’s scores on GATE/PGECET. The remaining 30% of seats are fulfilled on the basis of merit
- MCA Admission: While for the MCA applications, a candidate must clear the TS-ICET Exam along with beholding a Bachelor's Degree. 70% of the seats of MCA are filled based on the candidate’s rank on TS-ICET. The remaining 30% of seats are fulfilled by Management
Read more: VCE Hyderabad Admission
VCE Hyderabad Placements
The campus placements included an extensive cell comprising of training and placement activities which led students to develop appropriate and outbound skills. Also, students are giving more outbound, experimental, practical, and international assistance to cope with the requirements of recruiters during on-campus placement drive.
The Vasavi College of Engineering operates a training and placement cell with all the required assistance and amenities to assist all the students placed in association with businesses and industries along with the institutions. Here are some of the leading campus placement recruiter firms:-
|Pega Systems||Infotech Enterprises Limited (now Cyient)|
|S&P Capital IQ||CSC|
|NetCracker||Bank of America|
|Accenture||Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL)|
Read more: VCE Hyderabad Placements
VCE Hyderabad Facilities
- .Bank - The College has a brand of Syndicate Bank on-campus to make the regulatory student-banking task easier.
- Cafeteria - A place to enjoy and get the experience of college life experiences where students also have facilities to order food.
- Computer Centre - To implement modern tactics, the college has a computer centre for students to get the latest technology knowledge through modernized tools and devices.
- Media Centre (E-Content) - This segment of the college has a Media centre for the development of digital content, filming facilities, A Lecture Capturing System (LCS) and for the students with a relevant interest.
- Smart Classrooms & Seminar Halls - Approach to modern engineering implementation the college provides the smart technologies in terms of classroom delivery and seminars.
- Games & Sports - For some extra-curricular activities, students have the option of games and sports on-campus during their leisure time from indoor to outdoor games.
- Library - A decent library with ample of knowledgeable books and a much quieter environment for the students to read is what the library claims to have.
- Medical Facility - On-campus medical assistance is provided by the staff and professionally trained ones for the students in case of an emergency.
- Transport - The College gives bus transportation facilities and that too along with the routes and timings for the student's assistance.
VCE Hyderabad FAQs
Ques. How is the library facility provided by Vasavi College of Engineering?
Ques. Does Deloitte visit Vasavi College of Engineering for providing placements?
Ques. How is the campus life at Vasavi College of Engineering?
Ques. Does Vasavi College of Engineering provide administrative and support staff in case of on-campus assistance?
Ans. Yes, the institute takes the utmost care of every student with relevant appropriate on-campus assistance.
Ques. Are there any research opportunities on-campus in VCE Hyderabad?
Ans. The campus is much more to explore where the research work is on-going by the skilled and experienced faculties along with the contribution of VCE students.
Ques. Overall, how many companies visit the VCE Hyderabad every year?
Ans. The college claims to have more than 70 companies, industries, and corporate institutions to hire students with correct and outbound skills.
Ques. Are there any national events by the Vasavi College of Engineering?
Ans. Yes, the Vasavi College of Engineering organizes the National Technical Symposium for the students to participate and get practical and approachable knowledge.
Ques. What is the highest salary package offered at VCE Hyderabad?
Ans. The highest package is about INR 23 Lakhs per year