Lajpat Rai DAV College aims at imparting education and knowledge that is a holistic mixture of traditional Vedic concepts and contemporary multi-disciplinary education for all round development of its students. The college aims at creating morally upright, intellectually sound and patriotic citizens for the future. The institution derives inspiration from the core tenets of Swami Daya Nand Saraswati’s educational outlook and philosophy which seeks to inculcate a scientific approach in students.
The college earned affiliation in 1959 and is named after the great freedom fighter Lala Lajpat Rai. The college was founded by the R.K. Trust, established by Lala Lajpat Rai in his father Shri Radha Krishan’s memory. The institution was taken over by DAV in the year 1987. NAAC Accreditation for the college is on the anvil.
Facts and Figures of Lajpat Rai DAV College-
No of courses running
Undergraduate courses- 7
Postgraduate courses- 7
Name of the Institutiion running the organization
No of Companies Visited
Total No of students Placed
The list of scholarships at Lajpat Rai DAV college is as follows:
- Local Managing Committee scholarships.
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan scholarships.
- State Merit scholarships.
- Sh. Sita Ram Jindal Foundation scholarships.
- Post Matric scholarship for minority students.
- Indira Gandhi PG scholarships for single female children.
- College Development Council scholarship for sports persons, handicapped and needy students.
Why to Join Lajpat Rai DAV College?
- Add-on and short term courses: Students can avail of various add-on and short term courses to enhance their skills and knowledge. These cover disciplines like communicative English, fashion design and cosmetology, insurance, Tally, accounting and more.
- Regular workshops and seminars: The college organizes seminars, workshops and IT fests on a regular basis and many of these events are sponsored by the UGC.
- Social work and community participation: The college ensures ample community participation through its NSS and NCC programmes.