SN Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences is one of the famous institutes in India deals in the field of Science and Technology. It is established in 1986 under the name of a famous scientist Mr. Satyendra Nath Bose; he was an expert in Physics and did a lot of research and inventions in his field.
- Located at Sector III, Block JD, Salt Lake, Kolkata.
- The main purpose of establishing this centre was to foster & train the young students for serving nation.
- This university provides Ph.D. courses to their students in the field of Science and Technology.
- As it is one of the well known research center also because it provides all the equipments and proper atmosphere for the research carry out by their students with the help of their faculty member.
- It is situated on 15 acre lush green area on Salt Lake. This institute appointed best and all experience faculty member means it has a good team of faculties. There is a long list of trained and experienced faculty members of this institute.
- Only 154 students study here which shows the exclusivity of that the institute displays in selecting scholars.
- There are many students’ conferences, seminars and workshop organized by the institute. These seminars and workshop helps in increasing the knowledge of their students and also helps in their career growth.
This university is mainly known for its emphasis on research and higher education. It offers the following doctoral degrees:
- Integrated PhD
- PhD in Physical and Chemical Sciences
- Project Research Programs
- TWAS –BOSE Fellowship
- This institute also provides major equipment’s to their students which helps them in their researches. Some of these are:
- XRD Power Diffraction reflectivity/rocking curve/thin film analysis
- Spectroscopic Ellipsometry etc.
- This institute also acts as a Nodal Centre, which promotes collaboration and sharing of research ideas between different research centers of India.
- It is necessary in this institute to live in the campus only which helps the students to study with full concentration.
- If the hostel becomes full then some students will be allowed to live in nearby area.
- For those students this institute provides transport facility also.
- It has a very big library for their students to read more and more books.
- There is an excess collection of mainly 10,000 documents of Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electronics, Nano science etc.
- It gives way to 234 journals.
- Most of the journals have online access.
- It is completely computer based.
- A server along with 20 PC’s, color printer, multimedia, lamination machine, scanner, CD-writer also forms a part of the collection.
- Internet/Wi-Fi/Computer Center- Computer Center provides the computer facility for the whole centre. There is a total 35 desktop running 24X7 hours.
- This institute along with academics takes care of their student’s health also by providing time to time medical facility in the campus only. There is a proper hospital with a team of experienced doctors always available.
- This University also takes care of their staff members by providing crèche children of their staff member and students also.
Cambridge Bose Scholarship: This is for the students of Ph.D. it is the combine venture between Cambridge university and this institute,
- TWAS means Third World Academy of Science.
- This comradeship is being presented by the Faculty of Bio-technology.
- This belongs to the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic sciences and Indian Ministry of Science and Technology (DBT)
- This fellowship has been given the name of South-South fellowships program.
- This is a true and basic academic arrangement for all.