Government Polytechnic, Arvi was established in the year 1990 as an initiative to promote technical education in rural areas in Arvi, Maharashtra. Government Polytechnic, Arvi is approved by AICTE, recognized by DTE and affiliated to MSBTE. The college offers 3 years undergraduate diploma courses across Engineering stream in six different disciplines. Admissions to all courses is merit based followed by CAP.
Government Polytechnic, Arvi Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1990 | Government|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education|
|Set by||Government of Maharashtra|
|Courses Offered||6 courses across 1 stream|
|Admission Criteria||Merit Based|
|Top Recruiters||Bajaj Auto Limited, Laxmi Agni components and Forgings pvt. Ltd. Aurangabad, Essar Steel|
|Campus Area||8.27 hectares ( approx. 20 acres)|
|Facilities Available||Auditorium, Sports, Seminar and Projects, Hostel, Library, Laboratories|
|Location | PIN Code||Deurwada Road, SH241, Arvi, Wardha, Maharashtra | 442201|
|Official Websites||Government Polytechnic, Arvi|
Government Polytechnic, Arvi Courses
To enhance the technical skills of the students in a practical way the College offers a 3- year Undergraduate Diploma course, consisting of 6 semesters in six specializations. The detailed information about the course, no. of seats and basic eligibility criteria for each of the course are given as under:
|Diploma in Engineering||
Government Polytechnic, Arvi Admissions
Admission to the Government Polytechnic will be conducted through Centralized Admission Process (CAP) in three rounds by DTE, Maharashtra. The final seat allotment procedure will be done on the basis of provisional merit list, prepared on the basis of marks secured in the SSC exam or category specific qualifying exam, published by the Maharashtra Polytechnic Admission authority in online mode and after completion of all three rounds, candidates will have to visit the Admission Reporting Centre for documentation process and to accept the seat on proper time. Candidates have to pay a charge of INR 1000 as a seat acceptance and is non- refundable.
How To Apply?
For filling the online application form you should first meet all the eligibility criteria mentioned by DTE, Maharashtra. Here are the steps to fill the form:
- Registration Process:
- Candidates first need to register themselves on the official website of DTE, Maharashtra.
- Click on the Post Diploma Admission section which will redirect you to the application form. Enter your valid email id and password for the registration process.
- Upload Documents: Candidates need to upload a scanned copy of the documents in the same format as prescribed by the authority.
- Payment: After uploading the scanned copy of documents you have to pay the application fee for Maharashtra Polytechnic Admission form which is INR 400 for general category candidates INR 300 for reserved category candidates.
- Submission of Application Form: Once all the above three steps are completely done then click on “Submit button” for final submission. Take printout of the application form.
- After this, candidates need to visit you personally at any nearest facilitation centre along with a signed printout of the filled application form and all relevant original documents for the document verification process.
- Class 8th, 9th & 10th Marksheet
- Transfer Certificate
- HSC/ HSC Vocational Marksheet and leaving certificate(wherever applicable)
Government Polytechnic, Arvi Placements
Government Polytechnic, Arvi has a placement and training cell which organizes all the placement and training related activities for better job opportunities and thereafter placement of the deserving students in various industries all over the country. Some of the top recruitment companies visiting the campus are Bajaj Auto Ltd, HPCL Mittal Energy Ltd, Dhoot Transmission Pvt Ltd, Laxmi Agni components and Forgings Pvt Ltd, Stapatya consultants Pvt Ltd and many more. The placement data for the last three academic years are shown below in the table.
|Academic Year||No of Students Placement||Average annual package (INR)|
Government Polytechnic, Arvi Scholarships
Scholarships provided by the institute are in order to encourage those students who come from financially weaker backgrounds, some specific background and good rank holders in the academics such as merit based, necessity based, student specific, career specific by the Central Government of India and by the State Government of Maharashtra as well.
Government Polytechnic, Arvi Facilities
Government Polytechnic College, Arvi is extended in the land area of 20 acres with very well maintained infrastructure and study friendly environment. Below mentioned are some of them:
- Library: Government Polytechnic, Arvi provides library facilities for the students to enhance their knowledge in their respective field of interest with numerous books, journals, technical magazines and newspapers.
- Laboratory: To learn the technical things in a practical manner, the college provides laboratory facilities with all the modern equipment for all the different departments.
- Hostel: The college has a very well maintained hostel with a total number of 144 rooms. There are separate hostels for girls and boys. Total no of rooms allotted for boys and girls are 90 rooms and 54 rooms respectively.
- Sports: To maintain the fitness of body and mind as well, college also provides sports and game facilities to the students so that, beside the studies, they can excel their interest in extracurricular activities as well.
- Auditorium: The college has an Auditorium hall where all the college functions, events and seminars are organized.
- Workshop: To fulfill the need of practical knowledge college organizes many workshops such as Fitting Shop, Machine Shop, Smithy Shop, Turning Shop and Welding Shop etc.
Government Polytechnic, Arvi Faculty
The faculty members of Government Polytechnic College, Arvi are much determined, very well qualified and highly knowledgeable in their respective field of interest . Each of the faculty members are very much determined to provide the quality education to the students of the college. Some of them are:
- Thute Shrikrishna Rambhauji: Principal
- Dr. Ninad R. Jawade: Head, Department of Chemical Engineering
- Dr. S. P. Burghate: HOD, Department of Civil Engineering
- Mr.M.P. Ganorkar: HOD, Department of Computer Engineering
- Sarita P.Thote: HOD, Department of Electrical Engineering
- Mr. B.G Gawalwad: HOD, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Government Polytechnic, Arvi FAQs
Ques. What is the last date of submission of application form for the Government Polytechnic College, Maharashtra? What is the application Mode?
Ques. Does the Government Polytechnic College, Arvi itself conduct any entrance exam for admission in Diploma course? When is the possibility to release the Merit list for DTE, Maharashtra polytechnic admission ?
Ques. How many courses does Government Polytechnic, Arvi offer? What is the eligibility criteria for admissions to these courses?
Ques. What is your review of Government Polytechnic, Arvi?