MV College, Buxar, established in the year 1958 is an Arts and Science college offering UG programs in 5 specializations and PG programs in 2 specializations. The selection criteria for all the courses is based on the merit of previous qualifying exams. Students may apply to the courses at MV College, Buxar in both online as well as offline mode. Graduates from the college may earn a minimum of INR 20,000 per month and a maximum of INR 40,000 per month.
MV College Highlights
|Established | Type||1958 | Public|
|Recognized by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Courses offered||BA, B.Com, BBA, BCA, B.Sc, MA, M. Com, and M.Sc|
|Application Mode||Online and offline|
|Selection Criteria||Merit-based on the previous qualifying exam|
MV College Courses
|B.A.||Economics||10+2 with relevant subjects|
|B. Sc||Botany||10+2 with relevant subjects|
|BCA||-||10+2 with Maths|
|B. Com||Accountancy||10+2 with relevant subjects|
|M.A.||Economics||Bachelors Degree in relevant subjects|
|Journalism and Mass Communication|
|M.Sc.||Geography||Bachelors Degree in relevant subjects|
Read More: MV College Fee Structure
MV College Admissions
MV College Buxar admission 2020 is merit-based, the students have two methods of applying at the college. Candidates may either fill and submit the application form online or offline and post it along with relevant documents. Upon receiving the applications, the college publishes the merit list on the website in various phases.
How to apply?
- Aspirants have to visit the official website of MV College and go to student registration.
- Aspirants have to click on the “Registration Form” tab.
- Candidates have to fill in personal, academic, and category details in the form along with course preferences.
- After uploading the necessary documents, aspirants need to pay the application fee online via Net Banking, Credit Card, or Debit Card.
- After submitting the application form, aspirants are advised to take a print out for future reference.
- Aspirants have to purchase the prospectus and admission form from the sales counter of the college.
- After filling in the personal, academic, and category details along with course preferences, they must submit it with necessary self-attested documents.
- Outstation candidates can post the form to the college before the last date
Read More: MV College Buxar Admission 2020
MV College Placements
The institute does not guarantee placements to its students. However, excellent and outstanding students do get placed. It offers placement guidance as well as assistance to its students. Additionally, the college also provides training and career guidance to the students to help them develop and shape their personalities. To enhance the skills of its students and prepare them for the industry, the institute organizes various training programs by experienced professionals. Some placement numbers are given below:
- Highest package: INR 4.8 LPA
- Lowest package: INR 2.4 LPA
MV College Facilities
The following facilities are available to the students of MV College:
- Library: There is a college library for the academic as well as knowledge-based needs
- Computer Labs: There are computer labs on campus to aid students with basic IT knowledge.
- Laboratory: Various department-based labs are available on campus to assist the learning process of students.
- Auditorium: The auditorium is well equipped with the required Audio-Visual equipment. It is used for hosting various seminars events and training sessions.
- Cafeteria: There is a cafeteria inside campus offering food at subsidized rates.
- Sports: The college encourages sportsmanship among the students. They also encourage other activities like NCC to develop personalities.
MV College Scholarships
The college offers scholarships in two categories:
- Category 1: Financial assistance to students belonging to the economically weaker section. This category consists of students who belong to extremely poor families and cannot afford any education
- Category 2: Loan Services through the National Scholarship Portal. Under this scheme, students are offered loans at very low-interest rates that have to be repaid after the student gets a job.
MV College FAQs
Ques. What are the necessary documents at the time of admission?
Ans. The following documents are required at the time of admissions:
- 10 + 2 Marksheets and Certificate
- Graduation Marksheets and Certificate (if applicable)
- Photo Identity Card (like Aadhar Card)
- Category Certificate (If applicable)
- Certificate of Disability (For PWD candidates)
- Recent passport size photographs
Ques. Is there a reservation policy at MV College, Buxar?
Ans. Yes, there is a category-based reservation policy at the college as per the norms of the Bihar Government. The details of the same are mentioned below:
Percentage Reservation of seats
Extremely Backward Class (EBC)
Schedule Caste (SC)
Backward Class (BC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Ques. Does the college have hostel facilities for its students?
Ans. No, the college does not offer hostel facilities to the students. They have to make residential arrangements on their own.
Ques. How is the placement scenario at MV College, Buxar?
Ans. The college provides limited placement and internship opportunities. Outstanding and outperforming students get placed in good companies.
Ques. Does MV College offer Scholarship Services?
Ans. Yes, the college offers scholarships to its students in the forms of education loans through the National Scholarship Portal as well as financial assistance to extremely poor students who have to apply at the beginning of the year.