Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College (VRSEC), the first private Engineering College in the state of Andhra Pradesh established in 1977. It is a self-financing institution which owes its foundation to the bold and inspired vision of Siddhartha Academy of General and Technical Education, Vijayawada. The institution is ideally located in a vast expanse of 24.05 acres of land on the out skirts of Vijayawada city.
- It is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada and ISO 9001:2008 certified college
- The College is recognized by the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) and the Institution of Engineers (India) and accredited thrice by NBA (National Board of Accreditation, AICTE, New Delhi)
- The college was granted Autonomous status by UGC in the year 2006. The college is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
- The institute is undergoing an accelerated growth phase through the World Bank funded Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP)
- The college has been granted TIFAC centre of relevance and excellence in Telematics, granted by DST
- The IDP submitted by the college was awarded highest marks in the entire state of Andhra Pradesh
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Computer Applications
- Department of Business Management
The College has a placement. In Campus placement of the college 268 students selected in 2013-14 session.
No. of Selected Students
Computer Science & Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- National Cadet Corps: The College has a unit of NCC. There are 200 cadets in the unit of NCC
- National Service Scheme
- Over 75000 volumes of Text and Reference Books
- High speed Internet (10Mbps) and Intranet (1GB) Facilities
- Well-equipped Digital Library and e-Books
- Member of AICTE-INDEST Consortium
- DELNET and Inter-University Connectivity.
- Open courseware- NPTEL, MIT, Stanford etc.
- Electronics for You (EFY) (2010) in 20th position in the country among private institutions and 4th position in the country as a Technology Hub
- Competition Success Review (2010) 27th position in the country / 5th position in the state of Andhra Pradesh
- India Today (2010) – Ranked among top 20 professional colleges in the state
- Siddhartha Sahaaya Scholarship