Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College was established in 1977. It offers B.Tech in the UG course. Eligibility for this course is 10 + 2 passed from a recognized university. Admission to B.Tech is done on the basis of the AP EAMCET entrance exam. In the PG category, the college offers M.Tech, MCA, and MBA. Eligibility for these courses is a bachelor's degree in a relevant field. Selection in M.Tech and MBA, MCA is done on the basis of PGECET and AP ICET entrance exams respectively.
Read More: VRSEC Results
|Established | Type||1977 | Private (Autonomous)|
|Affiliation||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University|
|Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, and MCA|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam Based|
|Name of Entrance Exam||AP EAMCET, PGECET, and AP ICET|
Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College Rankings
VRSEC has achieved the following rankings over the years:
- Ranked 151 for Overall by NIRF 2020
- Ranked 156 for Engineering by NIRF 2020
- Ranked 171 for Engineering by NIRF 2019
- Ranked 53 for Engineering by Chronicle 2019
- Ranked 42 for Engineering by Times Engineering 2019
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education
Selection Criteria: AP EAMCET Score
Specializations: Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Information Technology, and Mechanical Engineering
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Passed BE / B.Tech in relevant discipline from a recognized university or institute
Selection Criteria: PGECET Score
Specializations: Structural Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Power System Engineering, Communication Engineering, and Signal Processing, VLSI Design and Embedded Systems, Telematics, Computer Science & Technology, CAD / CAM, and Thermal Engineering
|MCA||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10+2 and Graduation with Mathematics as a subject
Selection Criteria: AP ICET Score
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Passed Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university
Selection Criteria: AP ICET Score
- Selection to all the courses is done on the basis of the entrance examination conducted by the JNTUK university.
- Eligibility for UG courses is 10 + 2 passed whereas the same for PG courses is bachelor’s degree passed in a relevant field.
How to apply?
- The application form is available on the college website and click on "Apply online".
- Fill in all the details in the form accurately.
- Attach all the required documents for eligibility checks.
- Pay the registration fees of INR 2000 online via net banking or credit/ debit card. (This fee is non-refundable)
- After a successful application, the candidates have to appear in the state level entrance exam for the course of their choice.
- The exam is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada on behalf of The Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE).
- The students who pass in the entrance exam and get selected for admission are then called for counseling and further admission procedure.
Alumni Association of V.R.Siddhartha Engineering College, Kanuru initiated a scholarship program “SIDDHARTHA SAHAAYA”. Under this program, meritorious and economically poor students are being identified and selected in the first year of their Engineering program. Each student is awarded Rs.15,000/- per year towards the living expenses and gets continued for four years of the program. Siddhartha Sahaaya scholarships started with 7 students during the academic year 2009-10 reached 130 students by the year 2018-19.
Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College Placements
VRSEC has a Training & Placement Department. The objective of this Department is to equip students with globally employable skills through training and to help them attain their desired employment and career goals. It helps manage a streamlined Placement process, taking care of the interests of students, recruiters, and the College. Some of the top campus recruiters are:
- Raki Avenues Pvt. Ltd.
- Raam Group
- GGK TECH
- Hyundai Mobis
- IN22 LABS
- Grifeo Technology
- Hostel: Separate secured hostel facilities are available for both boys and girls to accommodate 725 + students. Institute provides 100% accommodation for girl students. Hostels are well furnished with spacious rooms with attached toilets, large dining hall supported by a hygienic kitchen.
- Library: At present, the VRSEC library has a stock of 73,861 volumes and about 1010 volumes of scientific and technical periodicals. The library also subscribed to over 127 National journals and 33 magazines and more than 4731 e-Journals. The VRSEC library follows the open access system, encouraging the user to browse freely in the stock area. The Book Bank facility is available for SC/ST students.
- Moodle App: Moodle is a free and open-source learning management system (LMS) written in PHP and distributed under the GNU General Public License. Developed on pedagogical principles, Moodle is used for blended learning, flipped classroom, and other e-learning projects.
- Sports: The Institute possesses good sports facilities. Gym, Indore stadium, playground, good facilities for various games are available. Students are selected into university teams and represent JNTU Kakinada at all India/ South-zone inter-university tournaments, and also inter-collegiate tournaments as per the schedule of the Sports Council of JNTUK.
Ques. What are the documents required while applying for admission to VRSEC?
- Two passport size photographs
- Marks sheet of qualifying examination i.e. Class XII or equivalent.
- Date of Birth Certificate as indicated in class X
- Reserved category/sub-category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical fitness certificate (Original Copy)
Ques. What extracurricular activities take place at VRSEC?
- National Cadet Corps: The College has a unit of NCC. There are 200 cadets in the unit of NCC.
- National Service Scheme
- All India, South-zone, inter-university and also inter-collegiate sports tournaments
Ques. How is the faculty at Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College?
Read More: VRSEC Faculty
Ques. Can foreign national students take admission in VRSEC for B.Tech courses?
Ques. What is the cutoff for B.Tech at VRSEC?
Ques. What is the reservation policy?
Ans. There is relaxation for reserved categories during the selection process. Seats will be filled by the Government of Andhra Pradesh as per the Government approved Policy.
The sanctioned seats in each program in the college are classified into CATEGORY – A and CATEGORY – B at first-year level and Lateral Entry at the second-year level.
For Category A, 70% of seats will be filled by the Government of Andhra Pradesh as per the norms approved. For Category B, 30% of seats will be filled by the College as per the norms approved by the Government of Andhra Pradesh. Lateral entry candidates shall be admitted into the third semester directly as per the norms approved by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Ques. How many courses are offered by VRSEC?
Ques. Which entrance exam is accepted at VRSEC for admission into the B.Tech programme?
Ques. Is VRSEC accredited by NAAC?
Ques. Does VRSEC provides scholarships to its students?
Ques. What is the fee for MBA at VRSEC?
Ques. Who are the top recruiters at VRSEC?