JNTUH College of Engineering, Karimnagar was established as NagarjunaSagar Engineering College by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh in 1965.
- Initially, the institute was under the control of technical education department & affiliated to Osmania University
- With the commencement of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) in 1972, IT became the constituent institute of the university & was renamed to JNTU College of Engineering
- Spread over 100 acres of land with beautiful hills & surroundings
- Presently, the college infrastructure comprises of 20 lecture halls, seminar hall with capacity to hold 200 people, 2 drawing halls, auditorium, health centre, spacious laboratories, hostels & library
- It was started with the mission to emerge out as a Centre of Excellence for training the students in order to meet the global needs of industry
- Highly educated & experienced faculty to serve best engineering education
Excellent placement records at JNTU College of Engineering. Highest package ever received is 6.50lacs by CSE student from Zoho Corporation.
TATA Consultancy Services
Tech Mahindra Pvt. Ltd
Shining Techno CRT
Computer Science Corporation
Research & Development Programs
Areas of research:
- CSE (Information Retrieval, Text mining, Image Processing)
- ECE (GPS, SBAS, Signal Processing, Image Processing)
- ME (FEM, Computation Solid Mechanics)
Achievements & awards
Dr. D.N. Reddy, is the Founder Vice-Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad.
He is the recipient of many awards such as:
- National Award for ‘Best Engineering College Principal’ for the year 2003
- ‘2000 Millennium Medal of Honor’ Instituted by the American Biographical Institute, U.S.A. in the year 2000
- ‘Eminent Engineer Award’ from M/s. Institution of Engineers, Tirupathi in the year 2000
The Institute has separate housing facility for boys and girls in campus. It has
- 2 Hostels for Girls & Boys (450 students in each)
- Separate mess facility
- Common room with TV& Music system
- Indoor & outdoor spaces for sports & games
The College has an Air-conditioned & hi-tech library having reading room facility for faculty & students. Its collection consist of:
- 14,100 volumes of books
- 750 titles
- Exclusive book banks for ST & SC students.
- Subscription to over 20 Journals/ Magazines
Centralized Computer Centre in the college was established in 2006 in order to meet the essential requirements of students & faculty.
- The centre works 24*7 including holidays
- 70 desktops
- Audio-Visual equipment
- Biometric devices
- Surveillance cameras
- Ranked 25th among India’s Best Engineering Colleges by India Today survey 2013
- Ranked 41 among India’s Top 75 Engineering Colleges by Outlook survey 2014