College of Engineering Munnar (CEM) was established in 2000 by the Government of India and managed by the Centre for Continuing Education Kerala (CCEK). The institute is affiliated to APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala and approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
It offers Bachelor of Engineering (BE)/Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) degree programs at the UG level and Master of Engineering (ME)/Master of Technology (M.Tech.) degree at the PG level. For admission, the qualification of entrances like KEAM CEE and GATE are required for UG and PG courses respectively.
CEM Munnar Highlights
|Affiliated to||APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi|
|Courses||BE/B.Tech. and ME/M.Tech.|
|Admission criteria||National/State Level Entrance Examination|
|Entrance||KEAM CEE (B.Tech.)|
|Facilities||Hostel, Library, Canteen, and Reprographic Centre.|
CEM Munnar Courses
The details of the UG and PG courses offered by the college have been indicated in the following table:
|B.E./B.Tech.||Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, and Computer Science and Engineering||Passed Higher Secondary (10+2) examination with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry subjects from any recognized board|
|M.E./M.Tech.||Power Electronics, Computer and Information Science, and VLSI and Embedded Systems||Passed BE/B.Tech. in the concerned discipline from any recognized institution|
Read More CEM Munnar Courses and Fees
CEM Munnar Admission
Passing in 10+2 examinations with core subjects is the minimum eligibility for UG level admissions. KEAM Common Entrance Examination (CEE) conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examination, Kerala is required for UG admissions. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in the BE/B.Tech. degree in the relevant discipline to be eligible for M.E./M.Tech. courses. SC/ST candidates need to qualify only the BE/B.Tech. degree for getting admitted. GATE will be required for PG courses. Kerala state candidates will be given preference for the admission.
The admission application process takes place both in online as well as in offline modes.
- The admission forms along with prospectus can be availed from the college campus or downloaded from the official website of the college.
- Fill the form with all necessary details.
- INR 500 for UG and INR 200 for PG needs to be paid as the application fees. For offline application, candidates need to send a copy of the submitted application form along with a DD bearing the prescribed application fees in favour of Principal of the college to the below address on time.
- In the case of online application, candidates need to download the soft copy of the submitted application form. And then, send its print out along with the DD and the required documents to the below mentioned address on time.
College of Engineering Munnar,
PB No. 45, Munnar,
Idukki – 685 612.
Read More CEM Munnar Admission
CEM Munnar Facilities
The college offers wide ranges of facilities to its students. Some of them are:
- Hostel- Hostels for both girls and boys have been established for the convenience of the outside state students.
- Canteen- Controlled by a governing committee of staff members and students, the canteen of the college provides good quality food at low rates.
- Reprographic Centre- There is a reprographic centre inside the main building of the college. Students can purchase stationery items from here.
- Library- With an area of 470 Sq.m., the central library of the college has a three-storied structure in it. It is equipped with all the advanced machines and gadgets. Students can avail the internet facilities and refer to e-journals as well.
Read More CEM Munnar Hostel
CEM Munnar Faculty
There are 55 faculty members in the college, out of which 15 are Ph.D. degree holders. Under the guidance of Principal Dr. Jayaraju Madhavan, the experienced professors of the institute have been providing the best possible educational services to the students and guiding them towards a better future. Each department is supervised by the Head of Department, preferably a doctoral holder.
Read More College of Engineering Faculty
CEM Munnar FAQs
Ques. Does the college offer any scholarships?
Ques. How many seats are available for each course?
Ques. How many BE seats are reserved for NRI students?
Ques. What is the fee structure for BE and ME courses?
Ques. Is there any placement cell?