College of Engineering and Technology Bhubaneswar offers a vast range of courses in which most of them are technical courses. It offers Bachelor in technology in different streams like civil, mechanical, computer science, Electrical, Fashion & Apparel Technology, Information Technology, and many others. It also offers a five-year course in B.Arch. Apart from undergraduate courses it also offers postgraduate courses for students. Students can do M.Tech & Msc from this college for selected domains. Also since the last few years, this college is offering 5 years & 2 years of integrated courses for a few domains. Students who seek admission in the B.Tech program of this college can get enrolled in it through JEE (Joint Entrance Exam).
CET Bhubaneswar Highlights
|Established | Type||1981 | Public|
|Approved by||Accredited with ‘A’ Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
|Affiliated to||Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT)|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech in various streams, MCA, M.Tech in selected streams, 5 years & 2 years Integrated courses|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Entrance Exam||JEE and OJEE|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, MCA & M.Tech|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, MARUTI SUZUKI, ASIAN PAINTS, TCS, VEDANTA, BOSCH|
|Campus Area||100 Acres+|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Autonomous college, Sports|
CET Bhubaneswar Courses
|Course||Different Subjects/ Streams||Duration|
|B.Tech||Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Fashion & Apparel Technology, Information Technology, Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Textile Engineering||4 Years|
|M.Tech||Structural Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology and Industrial Engineering & Management, Power System Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Biotechnology, Water Resources Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Power Electronics & Drives, Energy System Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Signal Processing Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Design & Dynamics, and Textile Chemical Processing.||2 Years|
|M.Sc.||Applied Chemistry||2 Years|
|Integrated M.Sc||Mathematics and Computing, Applied Physics||5 Years|
|Integrated M.Sc||Mathematics and Computing, Applied Physics||2 Years|
CET Bhubaneswar Admissions
- Admission process at the college involves several processes.
- Students who are seeking admission in the UG/ PG courses can apply online.
- Admission procedure starts mostly in the month of april. Once the OJEE result declared students can start applying for their admission in this college.
- If any student needs any relevant information related to eligibility, medial, admission etc. he/ she can refer to the admission brochure for OJEE.
- For admission in its B.Tech program students either can use their JEE Mains rank or they can use their score in Odisha Joint Entrance exam (OJEE).
- Odisha Joint Entrance exam is conducted by the Odisha state government.
College of Engineering and Technology Bhubaneswar Cut off 2018
The table below gives details of the previous year cut offs for various streams:
|Category||Computer Science Engineering 2018 Cut-offs||Mechanical Engineering 2018 Cut-offs||Civil Engineering 2018 Cut-offs||Electrical Engineering 2018 Cut-offs|
CET Bhubaneswar Placement 2019
College of Engineering & Technology bhubaneswar has a good track record in terms of placement. This college has its very own dedicated training & placement department which organizes a good placement drive for different courses and associated streams.
In 2019, the highest offered package was INR 5 LPA. Also more than 70% students were placed. The top recruiters in the placement process included Maruti Suzuki, TCS, Asian Paints, Accenture Tata Steel, Vedanta, Bosch, Capgemini, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, Adani Powers, Jindal steel etc.
CET Bhubaneswar Scholarships
Medhabruti scholarship is given by the Government of odisha. This scholarship is applicable for those only who belong to Odisha. The required condition for getting eligible to this scholarship is that students should have scored equal or more than 60% marks in class 12th. The above condition is the necessary condition for getting eligible after that based on the students rank in state government entrance exam a merit list is prepared. This merit list decides who will get the scholarship.Also the combined annual Income of your parents should not be more than 6 Lakhs per annum otherwise irrespective of your percentage & rank you won’t get this scholarship.
CET Bhubaneswar Facilities
College of Engineering & Technology Bhubaneswar offers facilities which helps students to achieve excellence in their academics. In addition to that some facilities are available to enhance their extracurricular and sports skills. Some of the best facilities which one can get in this college is described below:
- Central Computing facilities: This college has a central computing facility which has more than 128 computers. All these computers have proper internet connectivity through BSNL broadband. Computers have pre-installed important softwares like C/C++, Java, etc. for students learning.
- Wi-Fi connectivity: College campus is all time wi fi connected. Not only campus but boys and girls hostels, Various buildings are also connected to Wi-Fi.
- Library: This college has a big library which has a huge collection of books consisting of various technical books, Journals and Periodicals. The total number of books in the college library is more than 40,000+.
CET Bhubaneswar FAQ
Ques. Can I get an internship from this college?
Ques. How far is this college from khandagiri -udayagiri caves?
Ques. Is there any bank on the college campus for withdrawing money?
Ques. What is the fee structure for their B.Tech program?
Ques. What’s the fee structure for their M.Tech Program?