OJEE 2019 Application Form (Available), Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination or OJEE is a state level exam conducted by OJEE Board for admission in first year and lateral entry into various undergraduate, masters and lateral entry. This year, OJEE 2019 scheduled for May 12 in both online and offline mode in 20 cities across the city.
Update: Last date of OJEE 2019 application form submission is March 20. Apply Now
- Candidate must be a domicile of Odisha and not less than 17 years. Check OJEE Eligibility
- Application fee for FORM – A, B, C, D is Rs 1000/- and for FORM – E is Rs 1500/-.
- The exam will be conducted across 20 cities in Odisha and candidates can choose their preferable 3 exam centers. CheckOJEE Exam Center
- The exam duration will be different for each programme. It can be about 2-3 hours.
- Candidates are awarded +4 marks for every correct response, while -1 mark is deducted from the score for every wrong answer. Check OJEE 2019 Exam Pattern
OJEE 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)|
|Conducting Body||OJEE Board (OJEEB)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline/Online|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate, Lateral Entry and Post Graduate|
|Candidates Expected to Appear||52,000|
|OJEEB Help Desk||0674-6552455|
Through OJEE 2019, admission to following courses will be offered:
- First-year degree courses in Pharmacy, Integrated MBA (5 Years)
- Lateral Admission to second year (Third Semester) Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ MCA
- First-year Masters Degree Courses in Computer Application (MCA), Business Administration (MBA) and M.Tech./ M.Pharm/ M.Arch./ M.Plan/ M.Arch (exe.).
Important Dates for OJEE 2019
OJEE Board has announced the important dates for OJEE 2019. The schedule for the events is mentioned in the following table:
|Availability of OJEE Application Form||January 30 - March 20, 2019|
|Issue of OJEE Admit Card||April 20, 2019|
|OJEE 2019 Exam Date||May 12, 2019|
|Declaration of OJEE 2019 Result||1st week of June 2019|
|Commencement of OJEE 2019 Counselling||Last week of June 2019|
Download OJEE 2019 Admit Card
- The Board has issued OJEE 2019 Admit Card to all candidates who registered successfully.
- The Admit Card for OJEE was available on the official website from April 20.
- The hall ticket contains details about the exam duration, exam date and the timing of the exam. Candidates have to reach the examination center at least half an ago before the reporting time.
- Candidates are required to submit the one copy of the Admit card duly signed by the invigilator before leaving examination hall.
Here is how you can download OJEE 2019 Admit Card:
- Open the official website of OJEE
- Click the link ‘OJEE 2019 Admit Card’
- Enter your Application Number and Date of Birth and click on submit
- OJEE Hall Ticket will be displayed on the screen
- Candidates must download and print it for further use
List of OJEE 2019 Exam Centres
- OJEE Exam will be conducted across 20 exam cities in Odisha.
- You can enter 3 options for OJEE Exam centers in the application form.
- The final decision on allotment of OJEE 2019 Exam Centers rests with the exam conducting authority.
- The allocation or discretion or addition of any new OJEE Exam Center is also in the hands of the conducting body.
Candidates can check OJEE exam centers from the map provided below:
OJEE 2019 Exam Pattern
- OJEE 2019 Exam Pattern varies for all the courses.
- All the questions are in MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) formats and the exam is conducted in both online and offline mode.
- Every question has four option choices, out of which one is correct.
- Candidates are awarded +4 marks for every correct response, while -1 mark is deducted from the score for every wrong answer.
- No marks are awarded for unanswered questions or questions with multiple responses.
Given below is the course wise exam pattern:
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE Lateral Entry B.Tech (Diploma Holders)
Candidates applying for lateral entry B.Tech program have to solve 120 objective type questions in a span of 2 hours. The section and distribution of questions in each section are mentioned in the table below.
|Basic Electrical Engineering||40|
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE Lateral Entry (+3 SC / B.Sc)
The duration of L.E B.Sc. test is 1 hour in which candidates have to solve 60 multiple choice question from Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics. Check the table below for more details.
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE Lateral Entry (Pharmacy) and M.Pharmacy
It will be a 1-hour examination and 60 questions will be asked from the main branch alone.
OJEE Exam Pattern- OJEE MCA
The duration of OJEE MCA and L.E. MCA is 2 hours in which candidates have to attempt 120 multiple choice questions. Check the table below for more details on section-wise distribution of questions.
OJEE Exam Pattern- MBA Stream
OJEE MBA paper consists of total 5 sections and a total of 120 objective type questions. The section-wise distribution of questions is tabulated below.
|Computer and Business Fundamentals||10|
OJEE Exam Pattern- Integrated MBA (5 Years)
The entrance test for admission to Integrated MBA program consists of 4 sections namely – Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, General Knowledge, and Comprehension. There are total 60 multiple choice questions.
OJEE Exam Pattern- M.Plan Stream
The PGAT entrance test consists of 60 objective type questions. There are 3 sections in total – Logical Reasoning, Arithmetic Reasoning, and Architectural Concept. Check the distribution of questions for all the 3 sections.
|Architectural concept related||40|
Read detailed OJEE 2019 Exam Pattern
Download OJEE Question Paper 2019
Practicing OJEE Question Papers can work wonders for you. Some of the most prominent benefits include:
- To keep a regular tab on your preparation and formulate improved strategies
- To carve out your strong and weak areas
- To help boost your confidence
- To understand the paper pattern, syllabus, structure of questions, frequently occurring topics, etc.
- To manage your time effectively while taking the test
|OJEE Question Paper for B.Pharm. Lateral Entry||Click to Download|
|OJEE Question Paper for Integrated MBA||Click to Download|
|OJEE Question Paper for MCA||Click to Download|
|OJEE Question Paper for B.Tech. Lateral Entry||Click to Download|
|OJEE Question Paper for MAM||Click to Download|
Download more OJEE Sample Papers
Download OJEE 2019 Scorecard
- OJEE 2019 Result will be published online at the official site.
- It is expected to be announced in the first week of June 2019.
- The result will be declared by the Joint Entrance Examination Cell, State Government of Odisha for various UG and PG programs offered by different Government and Private institutions of the state.
- The steps to check OJEE 2019 Result are mentioned below.
- Visit the official site of OJEE
- Click on ‘OJEE 2019 Result’
- Enter Application No. and Date of Birth
- Download and take print out of Rank Card
OJEE 2019 Cutoff
- OJEE Cut off 2019 is the minimum marks on the basis of which a candidate will be allotted a seat in his choice of institution.
- Candidates who manage to score above the total and sectional cutoff score would qualify for admission to that particular course.
- These candidates will be called to participate in OJEE Counselling Procedure.
- OJEE 2019 cutoff for various courses will be announced along with the result.
- The category-wise opening and closing ranks will be published in the cutoff list. Separate cutoff lists would be published for all courses.
Here is the expected OJEE 2019 Cut off for your reference:
|Other Backward Caste||457-454||14058-14909|
|Scheduled Caste||451-327||14240- 61231|
OJEE 2019 Counselling
- OJEE 2019 Counselling will be organized after the release of merit list on the basis of candidate’s performance in the entrance test.
- OJEE Counselling will be conducted via online mode, where candidates have to fill and lock their choices of colleges depending on their courses and their ranks.
- As per the choices filled, rank and availability of the seats, candidates will be allotted seats.
- Candidates are required to carry the stipulated fee and documents at the allotted college to complete the admission process.
Documents Required During Counselling
The Documents required for the verification are enlisted below:
- Mark sheet of 10th and 12th class
- Qualifying examination mark sheet
- Candidate passport size photograph
- OJEE 2019 Admit Card
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Medical certificate (if applicable)
- Scorecard of OJEE 2019
- Scorecard of JEE Mains 2019 (if applicable)
Colleges Accepting OJEE Score
- The participating colleges of OJEE 2019 are the institutes in Odisha which admit candidates to various programmes as per merit.
- Candidates can use the given list of OJEE Participating Institutes 2019 for filling in the choices as per their preference of colleges and courses.
- Here is the list of the top participating colleges:
|Top Ten OJEE 2019 Participating Institutes|
|Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Sambalpur||Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement, Bhubaneswar|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Sarang||Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Gunupur|
|Government College of Engineering, Kalahandi||Parala Maharaja Engineering College, Berhampur|
|Silicon Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar||CV Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar|
|Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar||Orissa School of Mining Engineering, Keonjhar|
Check all OJEE Participating Institutes
OJEE Scholarships 2019
- The government of Odisha offers a scholarship of INR 10,000/ year to meritorious students, so as to encourage them further.
- This scholarship scheme is open for students pursuing professional education (degree course) in the field of Engineering, MBBS and BDS.
- Candidates who fulfill the below eligibility can apply:
- Qualifying examination from an Educational Institution located within the State of Orissa
- Parental income (income of both father and mother) does not exceed INR 2,50,000/- from all sources in the year preceding the year of admission (ending on 31st March of the year)
- The distribution of scholarship awards is as follow:
|Course||No. of Scholarships|
Students pursuing (degree course) in Engineering, Medical and BDS in National Institutes of repute i.e. IIT, IISc., AIIMS, NIT, JIPMER, Pondichery and AFMC, Pune etc
Students of General Area
Students of T.A.S.P. Area
Read more about OJEE Scholarship
Ques. I want to pursue B.Tech and have already applied for JEE Main. Do I need to separately apply for OJEE 2019?
Ans. Yes, candidates with valid JEE Main score card have to apply for OJEE Counselling for admission to undergraduate 1st year Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Planning / Pharmacy courses.
Ques. I want to pursue my masters, what are the courses I can apply for through OJEE?
Ans. A candidate can apply for following courses through OJEE:
Ques. Which is the last date to apply for OJEE 2019?
Ans. The last date to apply for OJEE 2019 is March 27, 2019. However, fees can be filled up to March 31, 2019. Candidates can visit ojee.nic.in and fill the application form.
Ques. From where I can download the OJEE Admit Card?
Ans. OJEE 2019 Admit Card will be released on the official website on April 20, 2019. Candidates can download it by entering Registration Number and Date of Birth.
Ques. What is the registration fee to apply for MCA through OJEE 2019?
Ans. The registration fee is INR 1000 to apply for MCA programme through OJEE 2019.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria to apply for BTech through Lateral Entry?
Ans. Candidates must hold a 3 years diploma degree in respective branch of Engineering/Technology with minimum 45% marks (Relaxation of 5% for the reserved category)
Ques. Is negative marking applicable in OJEE exam?
Ans. Yes 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt and 4 marks will be awarded for a correct answer
Ques. I have applied for MBA through OJEE. Can I know how many sections I have to attempt?
Ans. MBA aspirants have to attempt following 5 sections in OJEE exam:-
|Computer and Business Fundamentals||10|
Ques. I belong to SC category, I want to know the eligibility criteria to apply for MBA through OJEE?
Ans. The minimum eligibility criteria is that candidate must be a Graduated from a recognized University with 45% marks.
Ques. What is the exam date and timing for OJEE MBA Exam?
Ans. OJEE 2019 for MBA programme will be conducted on May 13, 2019 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Ques. When will be the result for OJEE 2019 declared?
Ans. The OJEE result is expected to be declared in first week of June 2019.
Ques. How many seats are reserved for women in B.Tech programme?
Ans. As per the Government policies, 30% seats are reserved for women candidates in B.E/B.Tech and B.Arch programmes.
Ques. Is there any seat reservation for SC category in MCA lateral entry?
Ans. No, there is no seat reservation for SC students in MCA through lateral entry.
Ques. What is the seat intake of B.Pharma in University Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utkal University?
Ans. University Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utkal University is a government college and has a seat intake of 45
Ques. I want to apply for combination of papers (MBA and M.Tech). What is the registration fee?
Ans. The registration for combination of papers is INR 1500/-
Ques. Do I need to send a copy of my filled in application to the higher authority?
Ans. No, a candidate only needs to fill the online application form by March 27, 2019.
Ques. I want to know the number of exam centers for OJEE?
Ans. A candidate can choose maximum 3 exam centers while filling up the registration form. OJEE 2019 will be conducted in around 30 test cities.
Ques. I want to pursue M.Tech through OJEE. Is there any age limit for that?
Ans. No, for any Masters programmes there is no age limit to apply for OJEE 2019
Ques. I want to pursue B.Tech in Marine Engineering through OJEE. Is there any upper age limit criteria applicable?
Ans. Yes, The maximum age limit to apply for B.Tech in Marine Engineering is 22.
Ques. From where I can check MBA Cut off for OJEE?
Ans. The stream wise cut off for of the courses will be declared along with the result in the last week of June on the official website.
Ques. What is the exam pattern for MCA stream?
Ans. The exam pattern for OJEE varies stream wise. For MCA stream, the exam pattern will be as follows:-
- Question will be of MCQ type
- There will be 2 sections- Mathematics and Computer Awareness
- Total number of questions will be 120
Ques. What is the registration fee for Integrated MBA?
Ans. The registration fee for Integrated MBA is INR 1000/-
Ques. Can you please tell me the photograph specifications to be uploaded in the application form?
Ans. The file size should be 5 KB to 50 KB and must be in JPG/JPEG format.
Ques. For MBBS and BDS Admissions in Orissa, Should I apply for NEET or OJEE?
Ans. All the MBBS and BDS Admissions in the state will be done through NEET 2019.
Ques. I want to remit the fee through e-challan. From which bank I can do that?
Ans. You can use e-Challan mode for remitting fee in State Bank of India. After online application form is filled, e-challan form option will be available for download. Print the challan, then go to any branch of State Bank of India branch to pay the fee
Ques. What are language option I can choose to appear for OJEE exam?
Ans. Candidates can take OJEE exam only in English medium
Ques. How many test takers are there for OJEE?
Ans. Every year around 52,560 candidates apply for OJEE Exam.
Ques. What is the registration fee for M.Pharma through OJEE 2019?
Ans. The registration fee for OJEE 2019 is INR 1000/-. Candidates have to apply on the official website i.e. ojee.nic.in
Ques. Is OJEE 2019 registration fee refundable?
Ans. No, the application fee is non refundable. Fee one paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Ques. I am a student from Bihar, Can I apply for OJEE?
Ans. It is mandatory to hold domicile of Orissa state to apply for OJEE 2019.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College