Department of Instrumentation Technology Kurukshetra University formally known as University Science Instrumentation Centre (USIC) was established in 1976 by UGC initially as a Central Instrumentation facility at Kurukshetra University.
- Recently the name of the department has been changed as Institute of Instrumentation Engineering with USIC remaining as one of the constituents of the IIE.
- In 1995 for the first time in Haryana region AICTE approved 4-year B.Tech (Instrumentation) course was started and in the year 2006 M.Tech (Instrumentation) was started.
- The Institution also focuses towards strengthening the R & D activities to facilitate technology transfer for betterment of community as a whole including Tribal Development Program and to become a major supplier of technology and technological services at National and International Level
- Vision of the department is “To develop the Institute as a Centre of Excellence in learning and teaching for generating trained manpower of the highest quality comparable to the very best in the world and inculcating entrepreneurial avenues to cater to the needs of industry and society at large for sustainable national growth”
Extracurricular activities -
- National Service Scheme (NSS)
- National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- Seminars and Workshops