Arts and Commerce College, Kolhapur was founded by Padma Bhushan Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil in 1991.The college is small but beautiful and the location is quite natural. The campus is of about 3 acres with beautiful infrastructure. The main motto of the institute was to educate the rural masses, the deprived class and mostly the girl students. Starting with about 80 students now the strength of students has reached up to 800.
UG level programs like B.A and B.Com. are run by the institute. Other Short term courses like MS-CIT, English Speaking are conducted to encourage the students towards knowledge and self dependence.
Library consists a good number of books and other reading materials. Good number of books are purchased every year so that the students can get maximum benefit while conducting their study. Along with the text books, reference books are also available along with educational CDs, computers with internet facility.
Objective of the college :
- To Provide educational facilities to the students of downtrodden, deprived and backward classes of the society.
- To prepare the students for further higher education.
- To inculcate values of social equality, feeling of brotherhood and self-help.
- To promote education and enable the students to accept the challenge, of the new era.
- To develop overall personality of students.