Michael Madhusudan Memorial College was established in 1996 in the memory of Michael Madhusudan, a great scholar and literary figure of English Literature. This college is assessed and accredited by NAAC in Cycle 2 with Grade ‘B’ and 2.40 CGPA. It is affiliated to the University of Burdwan. This undergraduate college has a good beginning with the traditional courses in arts and commerce. Admission to the college is done on the basis of marks secured in the previous qualifying examination.
Michael Madhusudan Memorial College Highlights
|Total Students | Faculty||1125 | 80|
|Courses offered||UG Courses|
|Popular courses||BBA, BCA, English Honours|
|Admission Criteria||Merit basis/ Entrance Exam|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, Infosys, TATA Consultancy Services|
|Campus Area||15 acres|
Michael Madhusudan Memorial College Courses
This college offers 12 courses of honours, two professional courses, 7 general courses with 20 departments.Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|B.Sc (Hons)||Microbiology||Intermediate graduate in relevant subject with 45% marks in aggregate|
|B.A. (Hons)||English||Intermediate graduate in relevant discipline with 45% marks in aggregate|
|B.Com||Accountancy (Hons. & Program)||Intermediate graduate in relevant subject|
Michael Madhusudan Memorial College Admission
The admission process of this college is quite simple. Students can take admission in this college by filling the online form (excluding professional courses (BBA, BCA) which is a compulsory step. This college takes admission on merit basis. Online selection is made on merit basis after online counselling. There are no entrance exam conducted to take admission.
Following are the documents required for admission in the college:
- 10th Marksheet and Admit Card
- 12th Marksheet and Admit Card
- School Leaving Certificate
- Online Registration Fee Money Receipt
- Aadhar Card
- Print of online application form
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Passport Size Colored Photograph
Michael Madhusudan Memorial College Placement
Since it is an undergraduate college, so the placement package is not so good. There is placement cell for the professional courses still the highest package ranges from 5 – 7 lakh per annum and average package is INR 2 - 4 LPA. Recruiters like Wipro, Infosys, TATA Consultancy Services, IBM, Future General Insurance, Contingent came every year to recruit students of this college. Students find job opportunities by on and off campus. After passing grueling interviews, students are offered with jobs.
Michael Madhusudan Memorial College Facilities
The college offers world-class facilities for its students as well as faculty members. Following is a brief about the same:
- Library: It is equipped with 13670 texts, 765 reference, advance level books, Magazines, journals and many more. Every department has a supporting seminar library for average and advanced students.
- Sports: Sports area is also big in comparison to other colleges and so this college organises tournaments many times.
- Laboratories: The college has well-equipped and advance laboratories for the students to ensure they are in a good, educational environment.