NG Acharya and DK Marathe College of Arts Science and Commerce, Mumbai, Maharashtra, With the kind inspiration of well known freedom fighters Late Shri Narayan Gajanana Acharya and Late Shri Damodar Krishnaji Marathe, the foundation of NG Acharya and DK Marathe College Arts, Science and Commerce was laid by Chembur Trombay Education Society in the year 1978. This college is considered to be the first degree college of Chembur which offers superior quality higher education to the students. In order to meet out the impact of globalisation on the higher education, the college has adopted all possible measures to maintain international standards of education and learning. Over the years, the college has produced numerous young and dynamic achievers.
Facts and Figures about NG Acharya and DK Marathe College of Arts Science and Commerce
Chembur Trombay Education Society
NAAC reaccredited with grade ‘B’
University of Mumbai
No. of titles in the Library
How to Travel
- 18.7 Kms from Mumbai Central Railway Station, via road.
- 15 Kms from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai via road.
-18.6 Kms from Mumbai Central Bus Stand, via road taxi
Why to Join NG Acharya and DK Marathe College of Arts Science and Commerce:
- Effective Career guidance: To create a strong team of professionals in the field of arts, science and commerce, the college proffers exceptional quality of career guidance to the students through its effective placement cell. Student welfare is the ultimate motto of the college due to which this placement cell was established in the college. They have provided significant opportunities of jobs for the students of different fields.
- Unconventional Counselling cell: In order to prepare the upcoming generation of students to face every kind of situation in life, the college provides amazing counselling to ensure their strength in terms of intellectual quotient, spiritual quotient and emotional quotient.
- Specialised Women Development Cell: Special emphasis has been laid by the College to uplift the status of women existing in the society by creating a specialised cell for Women Development. This cell looks after the overall development of the women students as well as staff of the college. This cell is very much active in spreading awareness about the basic rights of the Women as well their disparity.
- Amazing Scholarship opportunities: The College also provides effective scholarship opportunities for financially, socially and economically backward students including both scholarships sanctioned by the government as well as the student welfare fund provided by the college. The College possesses a separate committee to serve the very purpose of providing scholarships and financial assistance to the needy students by scrutinizing their individual application forms.